New to the hobby ... East Midlands (UK)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Having been whining on about beekeeping for an age now, the family bought me a beginners course with a BKA at Christmas, and then shed-loads of beekeping kit for my 40th birthday (July) ... so thought I'd better keep my side of the bargain and get hold of some bees. (See here)

From a nucleus I obtained in mid July, I now have a (hopefully) strong colony to go into the winter with, and am learning, learning, learning as much as I can, as I go along. Of all the literature I keep going back to though, it's "Beekeeping for Dummies" - great stuff.

I'm look forward to engaging with everyone in the Beekeeping forum, and would certainly welcome any contact from likeminded souls in the East Midlands area !

Thanks for looking in !

welcome and dont be afraid to ask questions

Ak before you do it, read the answers and decide which answer fits your beekeeping preferences best. We keep bees for different reasons, the bees, honey, the buzz, the kudos, hopefully your reasons are for the simple pleasure of it!
Welcome
E

One of the best books around, written by a real expert, is "Guide to Bees and Honey" by Ted Hooper MBE. Regrettably he died last year. Otherwise ask on this Forum but don't be surprised at the variable responses. In short, a large pin might be useful.

Latest posts

Back