New queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglad

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all bought a new buckfast queen 2 week ago .Been on holiday got back sat did a inspection on sunday. Sealed brood on six frames BIAS . Forgot to say had her in cage 3 days then let the bees eat the candy and release her . Now all 5 queen right HAPPY DAYS .... Neil.

I am glad you were specific in what you wrote (sealed brood on six frames and not six frames of sealed brood.

I only mention this to point out, to some, the subtle difference. The width of the spread could be attributed to available space and brood nest shape. Probably a little surprising that the nest was this wide after only three days, but that may equate to only ten sides of frames of course. And in a 14 x 12, too.

RAB

Sorry forgot to say this is in a national not a 14x12 I have 2 nationals and 3 14 x 12s . Cheers all Neil....

Happy days indeed. We requeened about 3 weeks ago and she is also laying well. However, when we inspected today there were 2 queens cells, one fully charged. No drone brood. I knocked them down but what beekeeping books do the girls read?

Latest posts

Back