new iphone 5 ds

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
You got to see this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7262zqQZs"]Introducing the iPhone 5 DS - YouTube[/ame]

I've got a phone with buttons on which I make phone calls with, I can also send texts if I need to.
It's a Samsung B2100 - waterproof and the stainless steel body makes it pretty shock proof, I may not be able to smurf the interweb with it but it can double up as a priest on a day's shooting or fishing (handy for knocking in nails as well) :D

I've got a phone with buttons on which I make phone calls with, I can also send texts if I need to.

I've got one somewhere. Doesnt cost me anything per month.. The only texts I get are from the provider telling me I only have £4.25 credit....and its been that for 3 months.

I did buy a smart phone this time last year..... The instruction book tells you how to do everything apart from making a phone call. It lays on the desk doing nothing.

I find no need to look at FaceBook or read emails whilst standing in the post office queue, or send texts telling somebody that I have just bought a bar of chocolate...... I am guilty of once phoning the wife and telling her "I am on the train"

I will not walk around people who are not looking where they are going because they are looking down at their phone.

I am amused when the nice alarm clock lady tells me its time to get up, even at 4 in the afternoon.

Cost? Nothing. My daughter gave it to me but price in shop is about £7

I've got one somewhere. Doesnt cost me anything per month.. The only texts I get are from the provider telling me I only have £4.25 credit....and its been that for 3 months.

I did buy a smart phone this time last year..... The instruction book tells you how to do everything apart from making a phone call. It lays on the desk doing nothing.

I find no need to look at FaceBook or read emails whilst standing in the post office queue, or send texts telling somebody that I have just bought a bar of chocolate...... I am guilty of once phoning the wife and telling her "I am on the train"

I will not walk around people who are not looking where they are going because they are looking down at their phone.

I am amused when the nice alarm clock lady tells me its time to get up, even at 4 in the afternoon.

Cost? Nothing. My daughter gave it to me but price in shop is about £7

+1 ... All of the above ... but, to get a photo on your phone, in the middle of a tedious day, at work, of your first grandson of 7 months, smiling and having a happy day and 218 miles away .... makes all the bells and whistles that you don't use ... worthwhile !

hard work trying to get the boys in work to put theirs down and do some work instead, I'd like to kill the person who invented whats app !!!!!

All of the above ... but, to get a photo on your phone, in the middle of a tedious day, at work, of your first grandson of 7 months, smiling and having a happy day and 218 miles away .... makes all the bells and whistles that you don't use ... worthwhile !

I leave all that to the wife, who wasnt interested in a smart phone, but decided to get one on special offer from provider and hasnt out it down since.

Wow great! Now whichever way you drop it you get the chance to smash one screen. If you are really lucky you could break both!

Pointless having one here because the service provider cannot provide a service - because of leaves on the line! (Truly!) Apparently 'tree growth is disrupting the 'line of sight’ required by our transmission link'. This is the latest in an amazing string of excuses for not providing what customers pay for.

I'd phone and complain if I were you..

rather like the notice in old red phone boxes telling you which number to call if the phone was out of order..

Ever said "how did they get my email address/phone number"

I used to be on Face Book. Then I got a smart phone....."why not use this app to link your new phone to Face Book"

Ok why not..try anything.

I had transfered all my numbers from old phone to new one but made a mess of putting them into different folders for "Family" "Work" etc. so downloaded them to the PC, wiped the memory on the card and phone and then uploaded the file from PC back to the phone.... Looking through the list which is now on the phone I find email addresses and phone numbers of people I didnt have before.. Friends of my daughters who I do know but had never had their email addresses or phone numbers at all, let alone on my phone. Now the odd thing is that these numbers didnt show on the phone before I cleared the card and phone memory but they must have been there for them to have been downloaded to PC. All the other numbers/emails that I didnt know must have been friends of friends etc.
Now we are always being told..."your personal details are private and cannot be accesses by anybody else"............so how did I get email addresses from FaceBook that cannot be accessed.

Be pretty lost without my smart phone, manage most of the business from it. Emails I can reply to on site, can accept card payments through it, update social media and accept phone calls!

When working abroad I can communicate with my colleague for free over whatsapp and see what is going on with the bees over in the UK. Technology has its uses... if you have a use for it.

Now they just need to sort something with a decent battery life!

Pointless having one here because the service provider cannot provide a service - because of leaves on the line! (Truly!) Apparently 'tree growth is disrupting the 'line of sight’ required by our transmission link'. This is the latest in an amazing string of excuses for not providing what customers pay for.

Ahhh ... But it IS the Isle of Wight ... it took years to let even a Supermarket open over there ... there's a plot afoot to keep the island well inside the last century ! Try sending a parcel there ....

Technology has its uses... if you have a use for it.

Now they just need to sort something with a decent battery life!

Unfortunately I, who have no use for it, have now been issued an iphone at work. I keep hearing how wonderful they are and what they can do. Uninterested, it just makes me wonder how I've managed for nearly 35 years.

And it doesn't matter what it can do, without a power source it can't do anything.

Two screens eh! So the battery will last half as long as now? Brilliant!!!

I managed to pursuade my idiot colleagues (On 1st April) that there was an App for the iphone that turned it into a weighing scale ... that you just had to sit whatever you wanted to weigh on the screen ... they spent an hour trying to find the App on the web before I put them out of their misery !!

Latest posts

Back