Nematodes and varroa!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will use the same approach to controlling slugs without resorting to chemicals. That, quite simply, is vigilance. Can't beat it and as we all know, prevention is better than a cure.

OK, so I use crushed eggsheels around tender seedlings and encourage birds and hedgehogs, but until there is an equivalent for bees, I'll just have to keep watch.

I am not an apologist for any of those groups, icanhopit. Nor have I ever defended any of them. If you disagree, kindly indicate where I may have done that. Otherwise, I fear you've confused me with someone else.

Confusion, like wisdom it seems, would appear to come with old age!!!

however..................
farmer produces it, comodoties broker buys it, sells it at a high price (as a future?) we pay higher price, farmer grizzles because he is not getting any value for it, we blame farmer/supermarket/govenment..... comodoties broker soaks up the sun on his private beech/yacht/retreat and laughs up his sleeve to us lot starving....... and we call it capatalism.
not forgetting that......
State farmer produces it, state buys it, rations it out as farmer can not produce enough, people starve, political masters jail any one who complains!

Consumers never win?:svengo:

Last edited:
farmer produces it, comodoties broker buys it, sells it at a high price (as a future?)

That is the price of liquidity. To a degree it may stabilise prices, or there would be far greater volatility if we waited to find out exactly what was harvested.
Farmer may complain about price, but at least there is a price. But no, consumers never, ever win, unless they own the means of production and consume their own goods, or those produced within their own community.

I see that Metarhizium anisopliase is now on sale in the UK for horticultural use, of course I'd never think of using in a bee hive now would I ... -;)

Eggshells for slugs never heard of that one i use them little blue things farmer near me buys them by the tonne

Latest posts

Back