National Poly Feeders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMH

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I need 32 x national poly feeders to fit on the Swienty footprint but the Swienty ones are so expensive.

Seem to remember someone saying the honey paw ones fit the same footprint.

Anyone got any experience of them as it would be a decent saving if I can go with the instead?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

English feeders are another option , would cost you about £250 from Thorne.

I like the poly feeders as they have 15l capacity and upturned are great for feeding fondant.

Definitely an option though... Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just found out, these are the paradise feeders.

Anyone have any experience.

Can get them for nearly half the price of the swienty.

Those hives with a lip are not really compatible and a curse imho, I can't see the feeder being different.
The swienty ones are great but to get them ready for use they need a bee space (I use strips of upvc trim cut to size and glued and screwed, my hives are bottom bee space) and a couple of coats of paint(gloss inside and masonry outside is what I use but I read itld say he uses masonry inside the feeder and gloss outside?!)
Next best imho are the abelo ones which are ready to use out of the box and have given me no problems so far, if I was buying more feeders these are the ones I'd go for just for the convenience of them coming bee spaced and painted.
I have also got a few maisemore poly feeders but these overhang a national footprint and need an oversize lid but will do at a pinch, they do need a coat or two of paint inside but the lid isn't an issue for me as my favourite roofs are plastic gravel trays which fit.
Hope this helps.

I run my swienty on BBS with a wire queen excluder giving me a bee space above the brood for when feeding using the swienty.

Hmmm. Didnt realise they had a lip! Thats annoying. Maybe I can trim it off as I need the bottom flush to work with the queen excluder.

Abelo look great but they are £35 a pop. I can get these for £14 inc VAT

My swienty roof wont fit on it either so will either just have to rest it on (not a problem with a strap, or trim the poly lid.

Hmmmm. Why are the swienty/abelo ones so much more expensive than the Paradise/Maisies??

Latest posts

Back