National hives from China

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WE don't grow many bananas. oranges etc and a UK vegetable diet (that is the vegetables in the diet not vegetarian) could be rather restricted in the depths of winter.

whilst I agree that UK fresh veg in the depths of winter / early spring ( known as the 'hungry gap' ) may be restricted to carrots / parsnips / and all the various types of Brassica . but during late summer, all UK fresh fruit and veg is usually cheap to purchase, and easy to prepare and freeze or preserve.

Actually Dishmop people cannot get loans, this is a major issue in the UK right now.

Why?

Well for one we cannot sell our business because no one can get funds and there are no issues with the business it is about as bomb proof as you can get, a very good safe buy but the dosh is just not available to people.

It was on the news again this weekend and in the papers that the banks are not lending for small businesses. They have the money but not the motivation.

PH

Actually Dishmop people cannot get loans, this is a major issue in the UK right now.

Why?

Well for one we cannot sell our business because no one can get funds and there are no issues with the business it is about as bomb proof as you can get, a very good safe buy but the dosh is just not available to people.

It was on the news again this weekend and in the papers that the banks are not lending for small businesses. They have the money but not the motivation.

PH

:iagree:

I know that the banks are not lending money but look at it from the bank's point of view------

basically if a business is any good, why do they need to borrow.

People have been overspending too much for too long. Credit cards maxed out.

People on Tv saying "oh its terrible. Really bad. I have to look for the cheap items on the supermarket shelves and I cant afford the petrol to take the kids to school. They have to walk a mile to get there. And my car is 2 years old.. I need a new one so I can go to work to earn the money to pay for...........er.... the car so I can go to work.

Last edited:
I know that the banks are not lending money but look at it from the bank's point of view------

People have been overspending too much for too long. Credit cards maxed out.

People on Tv saying "oh its terrible. Really bad. I have to look for the cheap items on the supermarket shelves and I cant afford the petrol to take the kids to school. They have to walk a mile to get there. And my car is 2 years old.. I need a new one so I can go to work to earn the money to pay for...........er.... the car so I can go to work.

says the man who runs a Bentley!!

says the man who runs a Bentley!!

Indeed I do. Insurance £165 fully comp Runs on LPG

and a Mercedes 500 Sel £109 TPFT runs on LPG

and a camper van.

All three of mine probably less than it cost some people to run one car.

and the wife also has a car.
Only one was made in the UK and its the worst piece of engineering out of the lot.

Last edited:
As I said basically I agree but you will not get all that many people to forgo things like Bananas (name your foreign fruit/out of season food of preference) people seem quite keen on gold for jewellery etc. I could go on but I won't.

I feel I am being misunderstood. There is nothing wrong with buying bannas and things we cant produce ourselves in this country, as you said trade is very good for Britain. What my issue with is buying things from abroad we can and do produce just to save a few pence rather than support our businesses.

at the risk of teaching matriarchs how to extract ablumen

The needs of good business to borrow are legion
Fitting out premises...
working capital i.e. buying in stuff you are going to sell...
buying in new machinery...

whilst I agree that UK fresh veg in the depths of winter / early spring ( known as the 'hungry gap' ) may be restricted to carrots / parsnips / and all the various types of Brassica . but during late summer, all UK fresh fruit and veg is usually cheap to purchase, and easy to prepare and freeze or preserve.

You can freeze fruit and veg? I never knew that

So you bought a pile of sh*te.. :sifone: :smilielol5:

Well not exactly... It was well worth what I paid for it but its basically a re-bodied Silver Shadow that was already 15 years old, so it wasnt far off a pile of sh*te when it came out of the factory. Mercedes is a far better car from an engineering point of view, and is the same age as the Bentley.

I have rats in my loft, wouldn't last long:banghead:

at the risk of teaching matriarchs how to extract ablumen

The needs of good business to borrow are legion
Fitting out premises...
working capital i.e. buying in stuff you are going to sell...
buying in new machinery...

It isnt a good business if it doesnt yet exist.

Railways and canals werent built with borrowed money.

"I bet a few people here can remember the days of apples being stored in the loft."

you mean other people aren't still doing that?

Latest posts

Back