National Beekeeping Centre Wales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wales is not a nation, just like England isn't. The National Beekeeping Centre is at Stoneleigh.

I find the site is really hard to read having irlen syndrome, maybe a softer bit like the forum colour?

My understanding of "hub" is central...which this definitely isn't. Can anyone cast some light on the history of this project and who is behind it?

The Buckfast honey bee is a cross of many species of bees into a stable race, which was developed in the early 20th century by "Brother Adam", who was in charge of beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey, where the bees are still bred today.

Not any more.

Wales is not a nation, just like England isn't. The National Beekeeping Centre is at Stoneleigh.

I think you'll find that both England and Wales are nations - part of that greater nation of Great Britain

A full page of links and not one linking to us!!

Nobody likes us very much... :(

A full page of links and not one linking to us!!

Nobody likes us very much... :(

Maybe is because this forum is so successful already it does not need any help:hurray:

They say we are a Nation of shop keepers so lets make it a Nation of Beekeepers as the shops are shutting down

My understanding of "hub" is central...which this definitely isn't. Can anyone cast some light on the history of this project and who is behind it?
Just passed some enquiries to the Welsh Government National (of Wales) bee officer may take a few days for her to come back:)

Admin, just had a quick look at the welsh website, looks like Wales have a new word for the waggle dance, nectar dance ? must be a translation thing.

You should all stop being so picky.
It's a positive facility for beekeeping, who cares where in Wales it is located.
I hope they are successful with amm breeding.

Peter (an Englishman)

You should all stop being so picky.
It's a positive facility for beekeeping, who cares where in Wales it is located.
I hope they are successful with amm breeding.

Peter (an Englishman)

Quite
Cazza

Anduril's link says it all I think including why it's where it is wasn't being picky at all before - just curious as to the whole project. It's not directly funded by the Welsh Government so they have no control or obligation to it, can't find out much more than that from my end, but it does sound interesting

Last edited:
I have personally never worked out why the BBKA does not include the likes of Scotland and I think Wales. Seems a bit weird to me that it doesnt maybe someone can fill me in on why that is the case

Therefore i am all for the regional centres. Website looks good, congratulations but they should all be treated as a constantly changing as the moment they are launched they will already need updating!

James

Latest posts

Back