Moving to Willesborough, Ashford, Kent

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigPeterkin

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Hi all,

I shall be moving to Willesborough late Feb to early March 2014 and would very much appreciate a mentor to offer me advise with my single WBC Hive. I got the Hive and Bees in June 2013 and have managed to keep them all healthy and happy all year and through the winter so far ( with the recent help from a local beekeeper). I will also be looking to attend any training courses available in the Ashford area when I arrive as well as joining my local association.

Thanks for your consideration.

There is an Ashford association, a bigger one at Dover and another based on Canterbury (which is probably the most keen on local mentor groups!)
All are happy to have 'visitors' come and, er ... visit their meetings while you decide which to join.
As well as Association meetings, there are some excellent classes run at KSRC Sittingbourne. When the 2014 programme appears, I'll post a note about it in the "2014 Courses" area of the forum.

/ Get in touch when you are moved and unpacked. When were you thinking of moving the bees? And have you given any thought to how to shift the WBC (not the easiest to move with bees)?

Last edited:
Canterbury beekeepers have a mentoring programme see the website and search for mentors. The site details the 2013 programme but I believe it is to continue into 2014 and beyond.

http://canterburybeekeepers.org.uk

In regards to courses sittingbourne does excellent courses to extend knowledge in addition you can enrol on the canterbury beekeepers course, another held in ashford as part of the adult study programme and also the bee barn just outside canterbury holds training sessions on a regular basis.

I will try to find links and repost.

Best of luck with the move

Latest posts

Back