Moving to Wales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I'm moving to Ceredigion at the end of next week, between Lampeter and Aberaeron. Is anybody here anywhere near there and if yes what's the best BKA to join?
Moving the bees in about a three weeks...that should be interesting.

I'm moving to Ceredigion at the end of next week, between Lampeter and Aberaeron. Is anybody here anywhere near there and if yes what's the best BKA to join?

Don't forget to check the bees in when you cross the border, you may have to give them a paint job to get them in, plus remember that Wales closes on Sundays and rain days, so I'm not sure what days the country opens!!!! ;)

Sorry, I don't know which BKA to join, but welcome to God's country. You are moving to a beautiful area. Very best of luck

She is leaving one beautiful place for another

Good luck with the move, surely its not just for all the HB they seem to get in wales is it :driving:

Good luck, EHB. I hope your neighbours are more reasonable there

Good luck.
You are a nice lady and will be missed in these parts.

Don't forget to get ur jabs done! Don't drink the tap water, eat salad or drink anything with ice in!
;)
Welcome to Welshy Wales!

I've family in Ceredigion very nice place and from what little I know there are quite a few beeks, you could contact New Quay Honey Farm in Llandysul they would point you in the right direction for an association. oh and welcome to Wales :)

Good luck.
You are a nice lady and will be missed in these parts.

Ah Peter how sweet :)
I shall miss you all at Kendal too.

Tom, we looked for somewhere on a canal but this was the next best thing.

Everybody else thanks for the info. I shall explore all avenues.
Went down today to go through some of the workings of the house and to have a lesson on the ride on mower :)
Move next Friday!

Sir Aberteifi pleeease!:D Lampeter BKA has a good reputation, try them

hi ...i live in lampeter and i am a member of the the lampeter BKA and they are a great bunch of people . They have their own apiary . this my 1st year in beekeeping and they have helped me loads ...let me know where you are going move or pm me your email address.......take care happy moving ....

Welcome to Wales! I live in Mydroilyn, so may well be close to your new home. Both Lampeter and Teifiside bee-keepers are a nice bunch. Teifiside meet on a Saturday and Lampeter on a Sunday. By all means pm me if I can be of further help.

Thanks all. I'll be back to look at your suggestions but have Mum's funeral first next week. Sad days.
Weather here has been better than up in the Lakes.
Hopefully bringing bees down in a fortnight. Lots of Balsam around here which will be a nice bonus for them before the Ivy

small world My gran lived in Lampeter and the owners of farm I keep my bees lived in Lampeter also, got my first bees from a bee breeder from around there. you will find there are lots of different plants for your bees to forage, if its not raining lol. good luck with your new home and welcome to Wales

Latest posts

Back