More ways to tax motorists

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you then get the Lycra to turn you into a fully trained road hogg.
They did round here today. Tour de bloody Yorkshire.
Roads around us where open and full of Lycra clad idiots heading to vantage points to watch race. Three dared me to play their game of chicken on my way home from market.
Left turn into my village, lots of parked cars on my right, my right of way. Driving slow as not much room, three idiots pulled out coming towards me (MY right of way). I didn't stop or slow down as they hoped. Lead protagonist lost his bottle swerved and stopped suddenly allowing his mate to run into the back of him, Third shouted loudly and gesticulated rudely....so I stopped to see what their problem was.......for reasons I don't fully understand all sped off sheepishly.
All were awarded a fully trained road hogg qualification.

They did round here today. Tour de bloody Yorkshire.
Roads around us where open and full of Lycra clad idiots heading to vantage points to watch race. Three dared me to play their game of chicken on my way home from market.
Left turn into my village, lots of parked cars on my right, my right of way. Driving slow as not much room, three idiots pulled out coming towards me (MY right of way). I didn't stop or slow down as they hoped. Lead protagonist lost his bottle swerved and stopped suddenly allowing his mate to run into the back of him, Third shouted loudly and gesticulated rudely....so I stopped to see what their problem was.......for reasons I don't fully understand all sped off sheepishly.
All were awarded a fully trained road hogg qualification.

Local villages and towns on the route were in virtual lockdown. Many of the local shops complained they lost business. There must have been most of the counties police motorcycles tied up on race duties plus several cars. God knows what the cost of all that was but various bodies claimed it made oodles of money for the county.

In France most villages pay for the Tour de France to come through. The Town's beg so they can be seen on TV amd it brings the tourist's in. We watched the Tour in Ilkley, never been before. Have been back several times and spent money in the local shops etc that woukd othersise have gone to the Lake District, Cornwall and the Canary Islands.

People complain about lost business. You schedule in annual maintenance refurb and stock checks on the day.

Latest posts

Back