• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Modified Dadant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was asked a few days ago if I could have a look at at the equipment of a deceased beekeeper. I went along yesterday, not knowing what to expect, but maybe a few heaps of hive shaped sawdust ;) So I was quite surpirised to be shown into several old farm buildings and see neatly stacked against the walls a considerable amount of hive parts. I wasn't sure what they were as I've only really dealt with nationals, but eventually I found a Th****s wax box and they were Modified Dadants. I would guess there are approximately 30 hives.......brood boxes, lots of supers, Q/E's, crown boards, roofs etc. lots of unused (I think the way they were stacked) frame parts. Some of the roofs and crown boards need a bit of tlc, but generally everything was in pretty good nick.

I said I would help them to sell the stuff, so am starting on here before I make them up into complete hives and sell on eway ;)

Photo's of several of the stacks.

Frisbee

Love a duck . . .bump . . . Don't all rush at once folks :)

Re modified dadants

Hi, I've currently got ten strong colonies in modified dadant hives and i'm looking to expand; from the photos the collection would be absolutely perfect to get things moving next year. I'm based in cardiff and have access to large vans / removal lorries so i could collect them from wherever they are without any trouble. If you could send me a rough inventory of what's there altogether / still available as well as a rough price for the lot that would be brilliant. My email's: [email protected] or phone 07846342037.

Look forward to hearing from you. Phil.

Latest posts

Back