Minute particles in my honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galaxy55

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
How can I get rid of minute particles in my honey? Already filtered through course and fine stainless filters and tried very fine filter cloth but still has minute particles in it, any ideas please.

How can I get rid of minute particles in my honey? Already filtered through course and fine stainless filters and tried very fine filter cloth but still has minute particles in it, any ideas please.

Any idea wht these 'particles' are? Crystals ,tiny air bubbles, Wax? Do you have access to a compound microscope to try and identify what the particles are, then someone may be able help you?:)

No microscope sorry. Never had this problem before. The honey I am trying to clear is partially crystallised, warmed it and passed through very fine filter cloth but thousands of minute particles in the honey

No microscope sorry. Never had this problem before. The honey I am trying to clear is partially crystallised, warmed it and passed through very fine filter cloth but thousands of minute particles in the honey

Tricky to guess what they are, but is it possible that they are just remnants of the fine crystels still not disolved when warmed. (you do not state your temp. and time etc.) or could they be a re-seeding as the honey cools down. Crystals can re-seed in any solution on even microscopic particles of anything in that solution. Why not take a small sample and heat it well passed the max. temperature (will be no use after) and see if they disappear. Then see what happens again when it cools. Are they co2 from fermentation (don't know the RI) as honey can ferment if the water content around the glucose crytals dilute that area enough. If you add some sodium hydroxide to another small sample then co2 will be absorbed by the caustic and you know then that it is this particular gas. Difficult to help in this over the internet, sorry. Maybe others will have some ideas soon.:)

Latest posts

Back