Mike Palmer & Ivor Flatman talk, Newark, Notts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscarmonster

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
A free talk for those long dark winter evenings.

Nottinghamshire and Sleaford Beekeepers Present Mike Palmer & Ivor Flatman on the 24th of February -2015, 6.30pm. “The Sustainable Apiary” & “Exotic Pest Update” Newark Rugby Club Kelham Road Newark, Notts NG24 1WN.

http://sbka.me.uk/586-2/

I went to Somerset BKA's lecture day yesterday. Mike Palmer, Celia Davis, and David Evans (a virologist studying DWV and Varroa - very interesting) spoke - a great day. SBKA put on a great day, fed and looked after everyone really well, all for £25 for non members. Well worth the hour and 20 minutes travel down the M5.

A big thank you to the forum, I would not have known that Mike was over here had it not been for this website. If you can catch his lecture tour I highly recommend it.

Roll on the spring when I will be trying out Mikes methods of sustainable beekeeping and Queen rearing.

Brilliant lecture, aren't we all doing this? I just started last year with 2 packages & now have 3 strong hives & 3 strong nucs which I made by taking full frames from the hives & letting them make their own queens so I had more chance of getting bees through winter so I would still have bees in case I suffered losses. This made perfect sense to me. I thought all beekeepers would do this to keep their own bees rather than have to buy more.
I know its more in the Usa that they just buy more bees when needed but I see people here with one or two hives & nothing else to fall back on should they lose them.

I too managed to make it to Mikes presentation yesterday, video is one thing but much better in the flesh. You can't ask questions to Youtube.....

Thanks to SBKA a great day and everyone was very well looked after. I'll definately be looking out for more events.

I've watched loads of his videos this winter. Everything is easily explained and makes sense. Thanks for this post, off for a watch :)

I missed the local one in Sussex as I was in Somerset on holiday and couldn't get to the Somerset one as I was in the car on the way home to Sussex.:ohthedrama::banghead:

Latest posts

Back