Mated Queen Wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony19

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Now 2
I hived a swarm about 5 weeks ago, no eggs, brood or evidence of a queen, this is my only colony as I'm a new starter, does anyone have a spare mated queen?

Last edited:
May have been a virgin queen. I would be tempted to give her another week. Not being funny but eggs are hard to see, especially the first batch. Has anyone else but you looked?
E

May have been a virgin queen. I would be tempted to give her another week. Not being funny but eggs are hard to see, especially the first batch. Has anyone else but you looked?
E

Thanks, an old guy who used to keep bees, both of us were using a magnifying glass and neither of us could see any evidence of eggs.

Ok, a risk but I would be patient for a while yet!
E

This has happened to me this year queen went of lay for 8 days .
Over them eight days I noticed pollen and stores being stored in arks around frames then 7 frames of eggs in the half and she had started in the brood. this is a 9 week old mated queen . is there any preparations going on ie shiny cells or the above .?
What ever happens I would want to requeen a swarm personally. Or unite with another hive .

Back