Male/female beekeeper ratio

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Good enough !
Then why are men dominant in the societies if each of the major religions, Christianity most definitely included?

Well sorry if this sounds sexist (obviously won't apply to females on this forum because they have more about them) but 99.9% of women I come across are only interested in coronation street, shoes, x factor, shite music, doting on arseholes and talking about themselves.

Ely was of course talking about the women he comes across...

Look where he lives.. Norfolk.. They are probably all inbred there so he's just describing the local culture...:winner1st:

Well sorry if this sounds sexist (obviously won't apply to females on this forum because they have more about them) but 99.9% of women I come across are only interested in coronation street, shoes, x factor, shite music, doting on arseholes and talking about themselves.

and Face Book

Zzzzzzzz eerrrmmm what? What?

Hey, JBM, now that we're about to have women bishops, (thank God) I reckon there'll be a cull of those of us left droning on!
(See what I did there?)

We mustn't be selfish. It's about time we let the fair sex take the lead in screwing up the world. They may not be as effective as the blokes have been, but I reckon the mistakes will be much more subtle and equally amusing!

Dusty

and it will be a man's fault through interference that something went wrong..

Been wanting to reply to this. I've been attending bee meetings for ages, and speaking at them for a decade. I travel widely and I can tell you...

The Times They Are A-Changing...

In the old days, the men would attend the bee meeting, and the ladies would attend the "Spouse's Luncheon". Then it would be off shopping or some such.

No more Spouses Luncheons. No more bus trip to the Outlet Center while the men look at bees. The women are sitting in the front rows, learning as much as they can.

Now, I see nearly as many women in the audiences I address as men, these days. Recently at the EAS Convention in Kentucky, at different times during the week long event, three young women took me aside to ask me questions. I found them eager to learn, and excited to build their apiaries. Their questions were much deeper than those by their male counterparts, and I spent a couple hours with them each, talking bees. They left me with the feeling that our industry will be in good hands after we're done with it.

Well I've been specifying a gender for many decades, but like many aging, socially-challenged males, desperate times call for desperate measures

If only 479 of the 11100 members on this forum are female, you're fishing in the wrong pool TTLTB. :D You'll have to cast your net a bit wider ;)

Maybe a cookery or knitting forum? (I'm not saying that blokes don't cook or knit, mind you, but I think members are more likely to be weighted towards those of the female persuasion :rolleyes:)

Been wanting to reply to this. I've been attending bee meetings for ages, and speaking at them for a decade. I travel widely and I can tell you...

The Times They Are A-Changing...

In the old days, the men would attend the bee meeting, and the ladies would attend the "Spouse's Luncheon". Then it would be off shopping or some such.

No more Spouses Luncheons. No more bus trip to the Outlet Center while the men look at bees. The women are sitting in the front rows, learning as much as they can.

Now, I see nearly as many women in the audiences I address as men, these days. Recently at the EAS Convention in Kentucky, at different times during the week long event, three young women took me aside to ask me questions. I found them eager to learn, and excited to build their apiaries. Their questions were much deeper than those by their male counterparts, and I spent a couple hours with them each, talking bees. They left me with the feeling that our industry will be in good hands after we're done with it.

I think they just can't get enough of a good looking bloke. ;)

Latest posts

Back