Maisemores have a sale on

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got 10 x 50 sn4 frames still waiting for 20 x 50 dn4 frames

mine has just turned up, and promptly rejected.

it looks like the couriers have been using one of the boxes as a football, and he didn't want to hang around while I counted the frame bottom bars to make sure they were all there and not fallen out of the hole they had created :mad:

You cant really blame maisemore for the condition the courier left it in. If I get parcels like that I refuse to sign for them until I have checked the contents. If the courier complains I then ask for his boss's telephone number that usually shuts them up.

Well they obviously like me! Ordered on 01 Oct, delivered on 04 Oct. That's rough Taff but probably not down to Maisemores.

Last edited:
You cant really blame maisemore for the condition the courier left it in. If I get parcels like that I refuse to sign for them until I have checked the contents. If the courier complains I then ask for his boss's telephone number that usually shuts them up.

I'm not blaming Maisemores, sorry if it sounded like that.

I refused to accept the parcel so they will take it back to Maisemores. I've spoken to them and sent them pictures (including this one ^^^^^) they were really good and I'm confident that they'll just check the contents, put right any wrongs and send it out again :)

My order arrived today - and I watched the courier drop a box marked "fragile" off the back of the van onto the ground...

I signed for it, but crossed out the "received in good condition" and then called Maisemores to tell them about it. They told me to return anything broken for a refund or replacement.

As it happens, he didn't manage to damage anything. The seconds I ordered included:

Parts for a National - clearly seconds (odd knots, gouges etc), but went together well and seems fine

Odd bits for a WBC (lifts, 14x12 bb) - hard to even describe them as seconds really - certainly no worse than some first quality hives I have purchased in the past (at twice the price)

Frames - clearly seconds, but a quick look would suggest that at least 90% will be usable

So, the seconds are clearly seconds, but the big bits are still very serviceable and the frames are what I think I'd expect for seconds

my re-packaged boxes arrived yesterday, and from a quick look as I unpacked them, all the boxes look pretty damn good with a few knots and marks, and the frames look ok, there's a couple of bottom bars that hace a knot right at the end but appart from that they look fine

mine has just turned up, and promptly rejected.

it looks like the couriers have been using one of the boxes as a football, and he didn't want to hang around while I counted the frame bottom bars to make sure they were all there and not fallen out of the hole they had created :mad:

Well at least you should have enough to build some thing out of that lot.

matchstickukulele_thumb.jpg

A Ukulele may be :)

On the real hustle they said not to sign till you have checked you parcel signing is confirming receipt in good condition or sign and put not checked

On the real hustle they said not to sign till you have checked you parcel signing is confirming receipt in good condition or sign and put not checked

from my point of view, if you accept a damaged parcel then the courier has 'got away with it' with no penalties, if you reject it then they have to take it back to the sender, management will see the figures of rejected parcels and if there is enough of them will do something about it.

in addition, when Maisemores (as it happens to be in this case, it could be any supplier) see that they have half the parcels that they sent out returned to them, they will move their business to a courier that actually cares about the stuff they are delivering.

they will move their business to a courier that actually cares about the stuff they are delivering.

Either that or consider an improvement to their obviously non-courier proof packaging. Not suggesting that the packaging is particularly flimsy, just that it might need some improvement - all at a cost, of course.

Regards, RAB

they will move their business to a courier that actually cares about the stuff they are delivering.

Either that or consider an improvement to their obviously non-courier proof packaging. Not suggesting that the packaging is particularly flimsy, just that it might need some improvement - all at a cost, of course.

Regards, RAB

to be fair, I consider the stuff to be well packaged with a sturdy box and plenty of shredded cardboard inside. I dont think there is a material known to man that is courier proof, the stronger the material the higher they can throw it from.

It's definately a procedural issue on the couriers side IMO

Of course I don't know the precise packaging but have found most boxes strapped in those plastic bands keeps good shape and need droppnig severely on a corner to damage them easily. Of couse the outside protection will not always protect the contents but the should remain in the carton, crate, box , whatever.

Agreed about your comment - if the 'moron' element of the courier gets hold of it, any packaging can be induced to fail!!

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back