Loosing the plot now

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, and I know one chap who records the weight of each super before and after extrtacting and putting back on its designated hive.
It takes all sorts:rolleyes:

Cardi's? making sure that noone else benefits from any honey he may have left? Too much time on their hands obviously! :D

Cardi's? making sure that noone else benefits from any honey he may have left? Too much time on their hands obviously! :D

I prefer to think of it as a passion for getting the data right when making honey crop comparisons for breeding evaluations.

When the queen dies, swarms away, or is sold, do you re-use her number, or use the next number up (so the line of queen numbers might have some blanks in it)?

Spersedure or swarm - Record noted and number continues. If the colony died out - new set of records number ere-used. It's just a way of keeping track of the colonies.
I don't start records until there is a viable colony.

When the queen dies, swarms away, or is sold, do you re-use her number, or use the next number up (so the line of queen numbers might have some blanks in it)?

Haha. I thought the post about numbering queens was a good idea then read this lol
The amount of queens I have lost this year so far...I would be lost again and back to the start.
If I can learn to keep my queens then numbering might help. Actually my clipped queen might be number 1. as she shouldn't be going anywhere unless by foot.
Once the virgin queens are laying they will be clipped too, stay or walk!!!

Back