Looking for recommendations on a oxalic Vaporizer

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natureboy44

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have been looking at this one https://bridge-cottage.com/store. But would like to hear some opinions and recommendations before I buy anything.

I don't want to use the cheap ebay ones that need a big battery, ideally I would like one with the nozzle so it can be administered through a hole in the back of the hive.

In the below £100 price range the gas vap is going to be hard to beat. I have the first model and the torch is the weakest link howver I see now that they are using a better more expensive torch which should help.

Black Mountain Honey did a review which may interest you : https://youtu.be/L_LuNY2heoU

Spare caps are useful if you have several hives.

Does this look normal have used the vaporiser twice now and tested recently on an unused bait hive seen in the picture, seems to leave alot of white residue. Am I using the correct oxalic acid if not can someone recommend where to get some decent stuff.

Last edited:
recommendation

Does this look normal have used the vaporiser twice now and tested recently on an unused bait hive seen in the picture, seems to leave alot of white residue. Am I using the correct oxalic acid if not can someone recommend where to get some decent stuff.

I assume that the oxalic acid you have in the picture has been used for cleaning the hive and not for treating it, as that is not a Veterinary Medicines Directorate approved product.

You might even wish to consider editing out / removing the picture

I assume that the oxalic acid you have in the picture has been used for cleaning the hive and not for treating it, as that is not a Veterinary Medicines Directorate approved product.
You might even wish to consider editing out / removing the picture

Let's not get too precious..........

Latest posts

Back