Lincoln bee auction

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can they sell bees if they have not been looked in?

It was ment to say
How can anyone sell bees if they have not been looked in

why wont they have been looked in?
They will have to be to be sold

Lincolnshire Showground,
Grange-de-Lings,
Lincoln,
LN2 2NA
3pm start

Grange-de-Lings,
Lincoln,
LN2 2NA
3pm start[/QUOTE]

I THAUGHT THE SALE STARTED AT 11 AM BUT I MIGNT BE WRONG
:sos:

I've no plans to go - but I'm curious to know how a bee-auction works ...

With conventional auctions, people can bid on what they see before them or have previously inspected - but with bees ??

LJ

With conventional auctions, people can bid on what they see before them or have previously inspected - but with bees ??

LJ

They have a little show ring and a handful of porters who herd the bees around so everyone can see them - biggest problem is getting the halters on the bees :biggrinjester:

LJ

I bought my first nuc from the Lincoln auction. Each nuc is quickly opened up so you get a quick look at the brood pattern and that there are bees present. Each is inspected by the bee inspector before the auction.

I bought my first nuc from the Lincoln auction. Each nuc is quickly opened up so you get a quick look at the brood pattern and that there are bees present. Each is inspected by the bee inspector before the auction.

Thanks - that's useful to know - appreciated.

LJ

Bee inspector will look into hives and give an honest report on what he/she finds. This report is then normally read out before the bees are auctioned off.

What sort of prices did the nucs make last year does anyone know ?

i think about £140 but i cant realy see any been there this year and iff there is any youle probably need a bank loan to pay 4 one

Latest posts

Back