Lets go for a drink girls.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Never seen more than two bees on this water feeder before.

Maybe the normally used puddles have dried up?

More likely your bees are brooding and using stores for feeding them.

Hi, I'm trying to sort out an effective water hole. Can you tell me what the purpose of the upsidedown jar is? Thanks.

It holds the water - a small bowl will get drunk/evaporate very quickly - the jar acts as a water resorvoir and tops up the water

Don't know where your bees are - but I can't say I've ever bothered providing water for them?

My bees live in the garden, there is a pond down the garden some way, and a couple of water butts... I'm sure there are other ponds about too.

Am I mistreating my bees?!?

It holds the water - a small bowl will get drunk/evaporate very quickly - the jar acts as a water resorvoir and tops up the water

Not forgetting to punch some nail holes in the lid first- not the same without :D

Not forgetting to punch some nail holes in the lid first- not the same without :D

My bees drink from my neighbours bird baths - or suck moisture from fresh chicken poo :(
Perhaps I should provide them with some clean water ?

My bees drink from my neighbours bird baths - or suck moisture from fresh chicken poo :(
Perhaps I should provide them with some clean water ?

You can give them oceans of fresh clean water, but they won't touch it whilst they have a good kitchen drain or some chicken poo around:)

Don't know where your bees are - but I can't say I've ever bothered providing water for them?

My bees live in the garden, there is a pond down the garden some way, and a couple of water butts... I'm sure there are other ponds about too.

Am I mistreating my bees?!?

They must bee drinking from the Tunbridge Wells :)

Never volunteer to be too explicit on how honey is made! ;)

Nice water feeder too - for whatever needs it .

There appears to be a lot more interest in Aldi these days! (if I'm not mistaken) :D

Latest posts

Back