Less people joining our Beekeeping Course

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The emergence of the PC led must be ruled & regulated brigade. I keep bees as a HOBBY, because I love 'em !!! This increasing paper chase is one of the reasons I don't engage more, in my local groups. This purely my personal view and I don't care about certification, more regulations, rules and so called professionalism.

:ohthedrama:

sail819

bit of a jump there sail, no one is forced to go formal, sorry to hear you felt leaned on in your assoc.

bit of a jump there sail, no one is forced to go formal, sorry to hear you felt leaned on in your assoc.

I've never come under any pressure to do any certificates. I've been told studying for them is handy just for learning but no one cared when I said I wasn't interested.

I've never come under any pressure to do any certificates. I've been told studying for them is handy just for learning but no one cared when I said I wasn't interested.

Yep ... No pressure from our association either ... it's there if you want it.

Yep ... No pressure from our association either ... it's there if you want it.
Indeed. We lay on education events, as we're kind of obliged to as an educational charity, for people who are interested in learning about beekeeping with no pressure to take exams or assessments.

The qualified bit (as much as you can be in beekeeping) relates to those who want to lead in those activities. Nothing worse than an "expert" who can't answer basic questions about Bees and I've been to enough talks where that's happened.

Latest posts

Back