Leg Plans Please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beehive1234

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Match box
Please could you tell me if there are any plans for the legs that fit a WBC hive. I want some for my flat pack National Hives with alighting boards from Th####s sale. To buy the legs would cost me almost £40. I have looked at the search results but nothing about legs. They look quite simple to make though. bee-smillie

Looking at an original copy of the MAFF plans for WBC, the stand and floor are all in one design and relatively complex. So that's not what you need.

Please could you tell me if there are any plans for the legs that fit a WBC hive. I want some for my flat pack National Hives with alighting boards from Th####s sale. To buy the legs would cost me almost £40. I have looked at the search results but nothing about legs. They look quite simple to make though. bee-smillie

Set of WBC legs will cost £14 ex delivery, or if its national you are after a simple hive stand will cost you a tenner

Eleven quid from one supplier No idea if VAT excl.or incl. and shipping rates. Didn't look at the rest.

Just simply entering 'WBC legs' into the 'Goggle' search box gets at least several hits.

Set of WBC legs will cost £14 ex delivery, or if its national you are after a simple hive stand will cost you a tenner

£14.50 twice plus delivery nearly £40.:eek:

DS Thank you, pallets or maybe breeze blocks with rectangle made from 4 lengths of wood.:coolgleamA:

Thank you for your replies.

No plans for the legs though?:banghead:

Please could you tell me if there are any plans for the legs that fit a WBC hive.

There's a pdf on the Manchester District b k a site. The link on their site is via the sidebar "Hive Information".

Not sure if a direct link will work, so I've broken it http : // www. mdbka . com /Documents/WBCHive.pdf (remove gaps) There aren't any measurements for the legs, but the plans are good enough to be able to make them whatever height or angle you want.

The legs for a hive stand can be made quite easily by buying a length of timber 4 x the height you want and then asking the builders merchant nicely if he will cut it into 4 equal lengths. 8 pieces of roofing batten nailed around the top and bottom to the dimentions you need and hey presto 1 stand. (Hubby is a plasterer, he calls them spot stands once there's a bit of ply on the top)

Just look on Dave Cushman's website. Plans for everything. Most easy to make for a much cheaper option than buy.

just get a 4.5 foot long piece of 1.5" inch square wood and chop into 1 foot long piecies the screw directly onto soldie floor and if this seems flimsy simply add a band of 2 by 1 aroubd the outside an du should be fine:)

Latest posts

Back