Leaking Miller feeder

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andytat

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a miller feeder that is leaking - what is the best was to seal the seams?

You can fill the gaps with paint or varnish. Just pour some in and slosh it around a over all the seams and pour out the excess.

What until it has cured properly before using.

I use bathroom silicon sealant if mine sping a leak or rub over some waterproof glue.

I use a hot glue gun around the inside and then paint every two or three years if any leaks occur. Chris

i had the same problem, tried painting, but didn't work, finally melted some beeswax and then dripped in to suspect area. at least you know that wax it totally compatible! Its still good after two years.

I have a miller feeder that is leaking - what is the best was to seal the seams?

I think polyester resin (with hardener) will make an excellent liquid tight inner skin. You could reinforce with fibreglass tissue if you like. Just give it time for any smell to go out of the cured resin before use. It works just fine for potable water tanks.

Back