Laying workers?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When one of mine had laying workers, I left a new, drawn frame in the box on the original floor, took all the other bees in their box a long way away and shook them out. There were new eggs laid within two days of their finding their way back, so what I had been told about the laying ones not getting home did not work. The only time I managed some laying ones to accept a new queen was by putting in a sealed queen cell and protecting it for long enough for the bees to accept her pheromones and not kill her, and resume their usual removal of workers' eggs. All other attempts to introduce queens or even open queen cells don't seem to be accepted.

When one of mine had laying workers, I left a new, drawn frame in the box on the original floor, took all the other bees in their box a long way away and shook them out. There were new eggs laid within two days of their finding their way back, so what I had been told about the laying ones not getting home did not work. The only time I managed some laying ones to accept a new queen was by putting in a sealed queen cell and protecting it for long enough for the bees to accept her pheromones and not kill her, and resume their usual removal of workers' eggs. All other attempts to introduce queens or even open queen cells don't seem to be accepted.

New laying queens apper again if desperate feromonen system continues.
And who says that laying worker cannot fly.

But old traditions continue, even if scietic base is 20 years old.

Latest posts

Back