Latex Gloves

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otleybee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I bought a new box of latex gloves yesterday from Lakeland. I noticed when I got them home that they contain some element of Aloe Vera. Have I just wasted my money and will the bees go mad at this smell?

Note to self read the label more closely next time!!!

Thanks
Alan

Can only try- don't think they will mind... Now, banana smell would have been very different!

Prefer vinyl myself for for bees and diy. Tougher.And no risk of latex reaction...

I tried vinyl and my bees could sting through them. Never ever got stung through latex so I am going back to those. I will give it a go tomorrow and see what their reaction is. Leather gloves at the ready just in case.

I tried vinyl and my bees could sting through them. Never ever got stung through latex so I am going back to those. I will give it a go tomorrow and see what their reaction is. Leather gloves at the ready just in case.

They will sting through latex. It's an effective prophylactic against pregnancy, but wouldn't bank on it against those little ladies's barbs.

Bees sting through Marigolds when really upset... Neither latex nor vinyl will give any protection in those circumstances.

But vinyl or latex and then Marigolds work very well.. and keep the Marigolds free of propolis... bit unwieldy if you have large hands though.

Latest posts

Back