Late delivery of Mann Lake order

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Had an email from Mann Lake yesterday to say my order will be delayed until approx. 11 March. This has surprised me as I placed my order at 10.26 on 05/02/16. At least they are honouring the order. I will have to look to see if they have taken payment.

Has anyone else had the same problem with Mann Lake.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I phoned up Mann Lake today as I made a £200 order on Monday. I was worried I might not be in when the delivery was... ermm... delivered.

They said my order was still being 'picked' (i.e. somebody was still in a warehouse finding all my gubbins and wotnot).

However, it transpired that actually what was delaying my order was that they have had a massive run on the £12 cedar National BBs.

I ordered one only as a curiosity as to it's quality and potentially to give to a mate of mine. Or to keep my single old national going a little longer. My order mostly consists of Langstroth boxes and parts and other bits and bobs.

Aaanyway, they have had such a massive run on the National Cedar BBs that they have had to go back to the workshop/factory to make a ton more. This is why the delay in my order.

I told them the National Cedar BB was not important, so they are going to send it whenever it is ready.

In the meantime the rest of my order will now be delivered TOMORROW!

I suggest phoning them up and having a nice jolly chat with them, the guys and girls on the phones are lovely, and if there are particular things holding up the the rest of your order I'm sure they will be happy to send the delayed stuff later.

Worth a try.

B

Mann lake

Same told me it would be sent next day after I ordered but phoned 10days later they said it was in ware house caught up in back orders so phoned again today 17 was told it would be 11 of march so no thank you mean lake I canceled my order I take it boat was late leaving china

Same told me it would be sent next day after I ordered but phoned 10days later they said it was in ware house caught up in back orders so phoned again today 17 was told it would be 11 of march so no thank you mean lake I canceled my order I take it boat was late leaving china

Now that is a very strong possibility, :iagree: however i have ordered several bits from ebay which will have been from China and they have not been too bad, its sad though if a well known company is ordering from there.

Last edited:
dont forget the same happened last year with thornes

Pleased to know 11th March is the target date for delivery. I was told, probably mid march. The lady on the phone confirmed that my National gear is made in the USA, so expect they are waiting for another container of certain popular items. Also that the quality would be the normal standard/commercial grade & not 2nds.

Hi Mike,

I

However, it transpired that actually what was delaying my order was that they have had a massive run on the £12 cedar National BBs.

I ordered one only as a curiosity as to it's quality and potentially to give to a mate of mine. Or to keep my single old national going a little longer. My order mostly consists of Langstroth boxes and parts and other bits and bobs.

It would be the National BBs I order which is delaying the order. I did add some pine ones later when I had an Email quoting the price. I could not make them myself for the money. M & L do seem to be a reliable company at least they let us know if they have a problem.

MIke

I take it boat was late leaving china

Is that a problem? (aside from the delayed boat)

I've had Langstroth parts from them in the past and I believe their Langstroth stuff is all factory made in the states (I think).

The cedar boxes could very well be made in china, which is why I made a curiosity purchase... might be pants, might be great.

I'm not sure where their own design National Hybrids are made, but they may be designed in UK and made in china? Who knows. Apple computers are "Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in China." and this 2009 macbook pro of mine is still going strong.

Buckfast123 are you going to be able to get all the stuff you ordered for the same price from another dealer now any time before 11th March?

At least with Mann Lake (another phone call I made) confirm that all orders made during the sale will be honoured regardless of stock. I hear so many stories about other dealers running out of said sale items before you've even got to the virtual checkout.

Maybe I'll make a call tomorrow and do some digging as to where all their bits, boxes, and pieces are made... they're normally pretty chatty.

But to be honest, at the moment, we are all guessing.

Hi Mike,

I

It would be the National BBs I order which is delaying the order. I did add some pine ones later when I had an Email quoting the price. I could not make them myself for the money. M & L do seem to be a reliable company at least they let us know if they have a problem.

MIke
They have already have let you know they have a problem Mike, by not delivering the goods.

The lady on the phone confirmed that my National gear is made in the USA, so expect they are waiting for another container of certain popular items. Also that the quality would be the normal standard/commercial grade & not 2nds.

Bingo bongo!

Saves me making a weird phone call tomorrow!

Something is not adding up here, i to ordered some National BB`s just to see the quality and how the company did business, ordered on the first day had an email today delayed until 11 march, sent an email stating i was surprised the stock did not even last the first day ! i then had a phone call stating a different reason for the delay incorrect side bars!! not sure what is the truth now.

Something is not adding up here, i to ordered some National BB`s just to see the quality and how the company did business, ordered on the first day had an email today delayed until 11 march, sent an email stating i was surprised the stock did not even last the first day ! i then had a phone call stating a different reason for the delay incorrect side bars!! not sure what is the truth now.

Hmm...

Interesting. The plot thickens. Let's see what come out in the wash.

And if you're out there Mann Lake, how much for the 'incorrect side bar' boxes? £5 a box sounds good to me. Deal?

Sounds like they've got themselves into a bit of a tizwaz with what their story is.

I'll let you know if my delivery arrives tomorrow with the other bits. Had message from courier though, so seems hopeful.

China boat

Yes will get them from thornes at sale price bb £15 s £12 for cedar seconds they will be over here at at green mount co Antrim on11 and 12 march

Just received delivery from Mann Lake.

Order placed late Monday afternoon, delivery received 12:30 today.

I haven't gone through the boxes yet to check it's all there (sans national BB).

I'll let you know...

Yes will get them from thornes at sale price bb £15 s £12 for cedar seconds they will be over here at green mount co Antrim on 11 and 12 march

I hope your seconds are as good as the ML BBs and that this Thornes order doesn't end up being delayed also! Who will you buy from then?! Good luck!

Just had an email from M&L saying my order will be delivered tomorrow. At least they are keeping us informed of the situation. Far better than some other companies.

Mike

Just got my ML delivery today, just over a week after ordering. Can't complain.

Order placed Monday night delivered in full today.

what hapend to buy local:icon_204-2:

We received our order of National Brood boxes today, a week earlier than the revised delivery date, and i must say they are quite good, certainly no worse than the other two major manufactures 2nds, i think the problem was with the side bars as two from each box were packed separately, another good point was that they were supplied with metal runners, only slight quibble there were no pins to fit them with!!, after a bit of careful assembly they came out very well indeed, for the price you can go wrong, very pleased with them.

Latest posts

Back