LASI queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume you speak German B+?

Btw there is a downside. Yoo toob keeps suggesting lots of German vids for me to watch.

If you delete your "watch history", YouTube stops suggesting videos to you because it doesn't know what your interests are.

I am not fluent but I have learned the odd word or two of bee-related German. Google Translate is a great help. ;-)

If you delete your "watch history", YouTube stops suggesting videos to you because it doesn't know what your interests are.

;-)

I am sick of you tube suggesting i watch fireman Sam!! thanks, i now know why, its my son!!
:laughing-smiley-004

Unlike the biased view of some who seem to believe without question that hygienic queens are the holy grail - the magic bullet to cure all our ills?

Slight exaggeration when all most people want to do is understand new ideas.

A "special bee" for the Flow's hive no doubt!

You would be better off buying local instead of experimenting with imported bees IMOVHO

Nos da

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
My Flow hive is still in the box....the weather is not playing the game here.
Did your VHO see that the hygienic bees originated from Yorkshire? So localish....not imported. I see your Black bees are spreading ...one of my new LOCAL bred queens is totally black!...she better have a good temperament...or she will be heading back across the Bristol Channel.
Oh yes...did you see the Dartington hive on fleabay? ....your chance to revisit long hive beekeeping.

I know it is early days, but, do you intend to test the "hygienic" label?

If she gets mated...she is destined to go in a hive which has a drone laying queen. That queen is still laying worker brood too...but lots of drone. She didn't get properly mated last year I think. I will certainly be testing the new offspring workers.
Although the usual negativity from the usual fonts of wisdom are damning in their assessment of the research and any further information that they have gleaned...I feel that trying for myself is the way I will know for sure if having a hygienic queen in my Bee Yard makes any difference at all.
One thing for sure...I wouldn't take those opinions into account when assessing anything new ....as they have been known to wrong in the past and even if the reason the hygienic bees do a good job is different than was originally thought...it is good that researchers are looking for answers...rather than sitting on their hands.

Last edited:
Or just spend their time criticising everyone and everything.

Someone has to move this issue along if we are not to stagnate or heaven forbid go backwards and we certainly can't trust the agricultural chemical industries to do it for us.

Or just spend their time criticising everyone and everything.

Someone has to move this issue along if we are not to stagnate or heaven forbid go backwards and we certainly can't trust the agricultural chemical industries to do it for us.

Ah, another one of the 'Big Ag' eco warrior taliban I see. Some of us don't depend on using their products to begin with but explore other effective methods Binman

And another huge exaggeration.

Thinking in superlatives causes foot in mouth syndrome. IMHO

:icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
My Flow hive is still in the box....the weather is not playing the game here.
Did your VHO see that the hygienic bees originated from Yorkshire? So localish....not imported. I see your Black bees are spreading ...one of my new LOCAL bred queens is totally black!...she better have a good temperament...or she will be heading back across the Bristol Channel.
Oh yes...did you see the Dartington hive on fleabay?*** ....your chance to revisit long hive beekeeping.

A lot of Native bees in Wales... probably from Rob Jone's drone flooding exploits!!

***That!s a lot of money for a rotten hive:hairpull:

Yeghes da

Can we stick to bees instead of hurling insults around please?
Did Prof Ratneik give any information about how they had bred these bees JBM? (I am assuming II but how many generations?)

Oh right so this isn't personal or is it alright if it's one of your mates?

Ah, another one of the 'Big Ag' eco warrior taliban
Unquote

Dual standards then.

Ah, another one of the 'Big Ag' eco warrior taliban
Unquote

Some of the people on here have quite a lot of beekeeping experience Motobiman. We may not always agree on methodology but they are often just alternate ways of acheiving the same thing. Its generally, not a good idea to poke the people who can teach you something if you want their help.

Some of the people on here have quite a lot of beekeeping experience Motobiman. We may not always agree on methodology but they are often just alternate ways of acheiving the same thing. Its generally, not a good idea to poke the people who can teach you something if you want their help.

Oh right so to chuck personal insults about with impunity, you have to be experienced.

Bit one sided that.

Anyway thanks for the advice.

Did Prof Ratneik give any information about how they had bred these bees JBM? (I am assuming II but how many generations?)

No, none as I said he was reticent to answer any questions on the thing, as soon as he realised I was going to ask questions challenging thinking on some of his talk his body language changed completely (in fact it changed as soon as he realised I was asking to discuss a slightly different approach to his mantra) just eager to sell as many as possible. all he said was all the queens were descended from this source in Derbyshire.

WhooHoo...she is out getting mated today...clever girly. Lots of bee activity a around the entrance of the nuc. Fingers and toes crossed everyone please!
It's all exciting Justsmith...I hope she likes the local Welsh boys.

Latest posts

Back