Langstroth loan for thermal research.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need to borrow a wooden langstroth hive for 3 months, with two deeps. to conduct thermal experiments on the issues on top ventilation. The hives will not have bees in them but they will have holes bored into them and then plugged with wood afterwards before being returned. anyone interested in helping the progress of research?

It is not a big job to do those 2 boxes with just those dimensions what you need.

pitty you so far from me derek got my spares at the unit doing nothing, my lot are very good at bunging things up and sticking things together so some small holes with plugs would be nothing to them

pitty you so far from me derek got my spares at the unit doing nothing, my lot are very good at bunging things up and sticking things together so some small holes with plugs would be nothing to them
Thanks
I should have thought about it while I was up in York. A trip over to the proper side of the Pennines and the vast desert of sand that is Southport would have been a pleasant diversion :)

I can probably help you Derek. We spoke on the phone a year or so ago, after you'd done a talk at the NFBKA in Lyndhurst (I made some of your thermal roofs) I've some spare Langstroth boxes. Drop me a pm in the morning.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Thanks
I should have thought about it while I was up in York. A trip over to the proper side of the Pennines and the vast desert of sand that is Southport would have been a pleasant diversion :)

Lol, was sand once upon a time but since they went all conservation mad it is more like vast deserts of grassy sandy bogs

Thanks

Oh dear Derek you've been corrupted by the red rose brigade :(

Latest posts

Back