Knowledge Sharing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have no experience with beekeeping practices from other countries but in some of them (Spain / Greece and others) it would be interesting to know how they deal with the higher air temperatures.

:drool5:
(Spain / Greece and others) it would be interesting to know how they deal with the higher air temperatures.

I have heard a bit about what some of them do...they start working on the bees early in the morning, stop and go for a swim about 9am, then some breakfast, followed by spending several hours asleep in an air conditioned bedroom, and then go back to do a bit more beekeeping in the evening when it has cooled down a bit.

Last edited:

I have heard a bit about what some of them do...they start working on the bees early in the morning, stop and go for a swim about 9am, then some breakfast, followed by spending several hours asleep in an air conditioned bedroom, and then go back to do a bit more beekeeping in the evening when it has cooled down a bit.

Same as Yorkshire then ?? :icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

If only!!
Rather than trying to pick a good day between rain or low temperatures :unionsmilie:

Yes but I meant more how do they protect the hives from over heating?
They can't all be in the shade and with such higher average temps in some of these countries what stops all the comb disintegrating?

Same as Yorkshire then ?? :icon_204-2::icon_204-2:
Yeah right!

In Yorkshire they don't bother with the:paparazzi: getting out of bed bit....
I'll have you know that last summer with the sunny hot days I OFTEN went beekeeping for a couple of hours before breakfast / day job!

Combined early morning beekeeping with early evening made for a lot less sweating in my beesuit!

Bees are very adaptable. Saw plenty of hives all over the hills of kefalonia in the middle of summer.

Latest posts

Back