Know your enemy!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was brought up in Aberdeen. The thought of paying for a counter makes me quite ill...:paparazzi:

I found one in a box of old stuff in the cellar. Used in the 70s when I worked the doors at the nightclubs. (Discos) :blush5:

I was brought up in Aberdeen. The thought of paying for a counter makes me quite ill...:paparazzi:

£1.40? ... hope you feel better soon:sorry:

When I look at what I have spent setting up over the last six months this has to be the cheapest item I've bought. You may question its usefulness, but the price is insignificant.

You may question its usefulness, but the price is insignificant.

Believe me, if you do natural mite drops properly, it'll be the best £1.40 you ever spent.

If you do 3*7-day tests now, you will get a figure for the starting infestation (denominator). You can do other tests in July that will give you the numerator.

https://youtu.be/ZCcbj1Gv9UM?t=50s

The quotient is an index that signifies how the colony is managing the varroa population and may be used to compare one colony (or line of queens) with another.

Last edited:
There you go...it just goes to show that you should never throw anything away!

Yeahhhhh ... A man after my own heart .... but watch out for ... the junk police - they will be along shortly to tell you that anything you have not used for 6 months is surplus to requirements ... I have trouble with 6 years !!

Latest posts

Back