Kitten eating coal .

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
hey all, i have had cats for most of my life and recently got a new kitten, she is now just over 12 weeks olds and for some reason loves to lick eat and chew on small bits of coal, i have no idea why and never seen it before,
anybody any sensible answers for this please???

Darren

Coal is a chemical factory, maybe she is short of some minerals?
Pregnant women are known to crave coal!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

might possibly indicate mineral deficiency or potential sign of other problems.

we've recently had a cat with a mystery illness - initially thought to be FIP but that was excluded. was eating loads of cat litter when unwell. stopped when better.

When I was in a rented house during my college years there was a woman who lived 2 houses down with a selection of kids from a selection of fathers. One day the eldest, who was around 11, came into out house and told us. "Mammy must be pregnant again, she's out in the shed eating coal" And yep, she was!

hey all, i have had cats for most of my life and recently got a new kitten, she is now just over 12 weeks olds and for some reason loves to lick eat and chew on small bits of coal, i have no idea why and never seen it before,

Darren

Maybe she's teething and is using the coal like a baby would a teething ring.

Never heard of Cannel coal from good old wigan ? Beloved of the iron masters !
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darren

Put Kitekat on your shopping list.

Latest posts

Back