JZ-BZ Vs Nicot cups

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have used both. Prefer Nicot system as the completed "cells" fit into the "gap" in my apideas better.

No experience of either but have just bought some Nicot gear... watching Youtube vids it just seemed better made, easier to use and more popular!

Anyone have experience of both for grafting? What are the pros and cons of each type if any?
Have used the nicot and found them fine but prefer to make our own. Not the info you're looking for admittedly but it is another option to consider, one more step to self sufficency. Of course, it requires further consideration as to how you'll transfer the cells to the mating nuc; I just press them into the face of a comb but you could mount the cup on a small square of wood which can be used to hang the finished cell between topbars. After years of trial I genuinely don't see a need to use cell protectors but if you prefer to do so then that creates another work around. I'm not claiming home made cups are the easiest solution - we can make things as complicated as we like!

Anyway:
FB_IMG_1636979805336.jpgFB_IMG_1636979811778.jpgFB_IMG_1636979833356.jpg

Last edited:
Have used the nicot and found them fine but prefer to make our own. Not the info you're looking for admittedly but it is another option to consider, one more step to self sufficency. Of course, it requires further consideration as to how you'll transfer the cells to the mating nuc; I just press them into the face of a comb but you could mount the cup on a small square of wood which can be used to hang the finished cell between topbars. After years of trial I genuinely don't see a need to use cell protectors but if you prefer to do so then that creates another work around. I'm not claiming home made cups are the easiest solution - we can make things as complicated as we like!

Anyway:
View attachment 30037View attachment 30038View attachment 30040
They look good. I have seen a mould for making Nicot cups out of wax that looked very good.

Used both.
The Nicot system is better as fitting cages is easy peasy using the Nicot system and Nicot cages.
And lots of people selling Nicot keeping prices reasonable.

Latest posts

Back