Just like buses

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tindog

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well, having temporarily given up beekeeping whilst I lived in France for eighteen months, I started up again this spring with eager anticipation.
My first nucleus failed, it turned out to be queeless and had chalkbrood but that's another story. The beek that gave it to me thought it was viable and it was a genuine mistake. Lesson learned, always check.
So I acquired a split with a viable queen in May, and that too failed. It transpired that the land owner on who's site I have my bees had a fire close by and burnt, amongst other things, plastic and rubber, the majority of the bees, including the queen died.
So last week I was lamenting my poor re start and acquired a new nuc. Very strong nuc and I have great hopes for it. A telephone call received on Sunday was from a friend wanting to off load another nuc. Would I like it? Yes please. This morning I looked out of the window and could see quite a lot of bee activity around an empty nuc box that I had left out, just in case. Two hours later there was a cluster of bees clambering to get in. About an hour ago, I took a peek inside and its full of bees, looks to be a prime swarm.
So, you wait for one and three turn up together.
Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back