Just for some fun.... an excuse to smile.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a lot of snakes.. I like and respect them. Not rarely we meet but each go own way. Unfortunately our cats and dogs are not so forgiving.. even small ones when strand into yard our hens eat them..

We have a lot of snakes.. I like and respect them. Not rarely we meet but each go own way. Unfortunately our cats and dogs are not so forgiving.. even small ones when strand into yard our hens eat them..
Our hens are descended from carnivorous dinosaurs. Not much is safe from their beaks.

Our hens are descended from carnivorous dinosaurs. Not much is safe from their beaks.
Ours for some reason refuse to eat the slugs I throw in their direction when gardening! I guess it's the sliminess of them?

Ours for some reason refuse to eat the slugs I throw in their direction when gardening! I guess it's the sliminess of them?
Get a couple of khaki campbells. They lay more eggs than my warrens, are really reliable layers through the winter and are slug demolishing machines!

Slugs aren't safe from our chicks - neither are my fingers if I'm doing any work within their reach

Get a couple of khaki campbells. They lay more eggs than my warrens, are really reliable layers through the winter and are slug demolishing machines!
I saw some muscovy ducks ( Cairina moshcata) eating orange slugs which we got imported from Netherlands ( in greenhouses and then spreaded everywhere). When I was watching them while they eat slugs I got strong feeling that I won't eat duck meat... maybe never..

Latest posts

Back