Just a quick hello

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz Bee Babe

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello good people. Well the plan was to attend a course this year but the Virus that will not be named has seen that idea off. So I’ve ordered a couple of good books on the recommendation of your poll (great idea guys). And am enjoying the forum. Thanks for having me.

Stay safe. BBB

Yes - the virus has messed up a lot of plans - but welcome to a great beekeeping forum - probably the best there is ! A bit more time to read up won't go amiss and there will be time later in the summer to get some bees with a bit of luck... and perhaps your course will be made available then as well ?

Good luck with both.

Thanks for the welcome Pargyle. Yes it’s a terrible time we find ourselves in that’s for sure.
I’m in no mad rush, the right time will come soon enough. And as you more reading and growing inwardly will pay dividends in the end.

Wishing you a Bountiful season. BBB

A few of the many worth a read -

Haynes Manual of Beekeeping

Practical Beekeeping - Clive de Bruyn

Kirk and Howes, Plants for Bees - ISBN : 9780860982715; Published : 2012 - A modern update by Kirk on the classic title by Howes. - essential reading for gardeners and beekeepers. Very well illustrated, showing plants good for nectar and pollen and their attraction to social and solitary bees.

Jürgen Tautz - The Buzz About Bees: Biology of a Superorganism

T. Seeley - 'Honeybee democracy'

T. Seeley - “Hunting the Wild Bees”

Practical Beekeeping - Clive de Bruyn​

Thank you Morox.
I really appreciate your recommendations and will try and source these books.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back