IWF site

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestions. WM Recorder 14 costs money so that will be a last resort!

I've tried Firefox but it doesn't save the video. It says it has saved a file but it is only some sort of link, a ".asx" file.
Must be something to do with the way you have told Ant to install.

When you click on the link to the video in post #10 does the video start to play using Windows Media Player?

If so, you should be able to click on the "copy" button and tell it to copy to audio cd.

Thanks - I've got VLC to work so I'll start doing some serious downloading and copying now with that. The videos on skep beekeeping are a great historic record. Not sure when they were made but I'm guessing pre-varroa.

Just found this on a German website:

Pursuant to a decision of the Federal/State Commission for Education Planning and Research Support (BLK) dating from October 2007, IWF Wissen und Media gGmbH is closing on December the 31st, 2010. Online availability of media is being maintained during the winding-up phase and the handover of materials worthy of preservation is in preparation and being carried out.

So the videos may not be lost but I'm busily copying what I can just in case.

Just found this on a German website:

Pursuant to a decision of the Federal/State Commission for Education Planning and Research Support (BLK) dating from October 2007, IWF Wissen und Media gGmbH is closing on December the 31st, 2010. Online availability of media is being maintained during the winding-up phase and the handover of materials worthy of preservation is in preparation and being carried out.

So the videos may not be lost but I'm busily copying what I can just in case.

I can / could host videos on my server if needed!

for some reason I still cannot view them. It might be that I am running Linux and these are specifically created for windows users although that should not matter :-/

Hi Blackbrood,

I run SUSE 11.0 and the videos run appear automatically on Mplayer, when I then use the full screen option. Check out your repositories for mplayer, ffmpeg etc.,

I will look at ffmpeg to see about stream capture. For these videos to pass into obscurity would be tragic. Where can I get a lass like that eh?

I had no joy with ffmpeg.

The videos are still accessable, but I have no further information.

Latest posts

Back