It's gone mental!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clemcook

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi guys,

It's all gone bananas down the aipary. I've not been for a couple of weeks and it's absolutely bursting with full supers!

First year I've had a decent harvest, all a bit overwhelming seeing as I can't even lift the supers without causing meyhem.

I've extracted a few, would you advise I put the wet supers above or below the existing supers in he hive?

Cheers

Hi guys,

It's all gone bananas down the aipary. . . .would you advise I put the wet supers above or below the existing supers in he hive?

Cheers

If they're in the middle of a flow, I'd just bang them on top let them get on with it.

I assume you're just putting one on each hive?

Hi guys,

It's all gone bananas down the aipary. I've not been for a couple of weeks and it's absolutely bursting with full supers!

First year I've had a decent harvest, all a bit overwhelming seeing as I can't even lift the supers without causing meyhem.

I've extracted a few, would you advise I put the wet supers above or below the existing supers in he hive?

Cheers

Above
If you put them below where the frames aren’t covered in bees you’ll get robbing

I think he means below the full supers above brood box or boxes. Me I always put the empty or new box above brood and under any full supers

Hi guys

For clarification, I have taken a few frames of honey and am ready to put the wet, extracted super frames back in the hive to be cleaned and 're used, should I put them under, above or amung the existing super frames.

Thanks
Clementyne

I think he means below the full supers above brood box or boxes. Me I always put the empty or new box above brood and under any full supers

Of course. Silly me
If there are only two or three supers on I put the wet one on top of the QX
If there are more it goes on top of the stack

Back