Internet Bullying

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 8709

From the London Transport Museum Library..........now you could run it on old frames/beeswax/smoker fuel/ recycle your old Dadants??????????

the route 34 was one of the war time routes thats used the Gas producers

But i not be at sherringham, disaster, we have a seized piston, and will have to repalce the whole head

The new recondition one is sitting on my mantle piece (see photo0

i'll just watch them do it and make the tea

Damn.

I was looking forward to a free ride..

The broken one, just made the tea, well perhaps pulled the ring pull on the can might be a better description

Last edited:
Be a laugh to go into Halfords and quote the part number..

Its a 6cyl 9.6L AEC A208, no 4 cylinder and the engine develops 125bHp which is 15BHP less than my 1.9TDi VW golf

We can still get late type OEM AH590 pistons that fit the A20* series but they not dished like the A20* series as they are modified for fast burn, but all you need to do is tweek the fuel pump, so we go from 13mpg to 12mpg~~~££££££

Still not sourced the seals for the leaking air pump to drive the epicyclic gear , quite frightening when it auto changes down without warning at 45mph /(top speed)

Last edited:
Still not sourced the seals for the leaking air pump

Liquid rubber or silcone sealer? cornflake packets and hermatite....

tyre innertube?

Three bears Porridge?

Last edited:

tyre innertube?

Three bears Porridge?

Ahhh ... someone who understands 'needs must'.

In the 1960's we were given a 1930's tractor by a local farmer (well ... made a change from old motorbikes). It ran, but it was a bit rough ... took the cylinder head off to do a bit of a decoke ... three pistons in place and going up and down ... fourth cylinder filled with a piece of wood turned to fit the bore ! Clearly a wartime modification or a farmer who was too mean to replace a broken piston ... cylinder head gasket looked like leather as well !

Put it all back together (complete with timber piston blank) and it was still going strong towing a trailer round my friends transport yard in the early 80's ! It still sounded like a bag of nails though ....

One of the people who mended things before the days of motorist discount centres.

Hard to believe now that you couldnt buy parts from main dealers unless you had an order form from a car repairers.

and now you can go to motor parts shops and get all sorts of advice from 20 year old people about gold plated speaker plugs and flashing lights...

AEC not seen them for a long time.
i used to work on those and old gardners 20+ years ago

One of the people who mended things before the days of motorist discount centres.

Hard to believe now that you couldnt buy parts from main dealers unless you had an order form from a car repairers.

and now you can go to motor parts shops and get all sorts of advice from 20 year old people about gold plated speaker plugs and flashing lights...

Yep ... and you need a computer to check the oil !! Only flashing lights on our tractor was when you tipped half a cup of petrol into the carb to get it started before turning it onto the paraffin tank !!

tyre innertube?

Three bears Porridge?

Whenever we did chart corrections/renewals we always had the old chief engineers hovering around begging for the old charts - ideal gasket material apparently

Was listening to an old bus ticking over at the weekend......expecting it to stop but it didnt..

AEC not seen them for a long time.
i used to work on those and old gardners 20+ years ago

oh, the joys of trying to start in cold weather a five cylinder gardener with auto lube pump the size of a a tin of quality street sweets being heated up with lighted oily rags to liquify the oil

Latest posts

Back