In urgent need of hive space : Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshore

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie Bee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
A friend of mine will soon be moving to Hebden Bridge, in West Yorkshire, into a property without a garden. (Estimated moving date being mid October)

Unfortunately the person has 3 colonies of bees, so she is in need of a suitable location within a few miles of her new home.

A private garden, semi rural location or even a suitable rooftop would be considered.

If she is unable to find a suitable location, she will have to get rid of her beloved bees.

Can anybody please help ?

Anybody interested, please send me a message.

Thank you

Willie Bee

Here is my message.

If I had a problem like that, I would be contacting the local BKAs in the area.

A short term location would help as the bees will be readying themselves to cluster and should present less of any potential nuisance value of a hive or three in a relatively confined space.

Knocking on doors might yield an introduction to a possible recipient.

Where there is a will there is usually a way.

No need to rush into 'getting rid' I would have thought.

RAB

As winter is almost upon us, the situation is probably less urgent than you think. Regular inspections are now not really necessary so the bees can be kept anywhere tbh. They dont necessarily have to be moved to Hebdon Bridge straight away (this can be done over the winter).

I would just find a suitable location anywhere you can for the moment, and then try to find somewhere closer to home.

Would Hipperholme be too far away?

I have just heard from my friend in Hipperholme and he says he would be happy to have the hives in his garden.

His "garden" consists of approx 40 odd acres!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they grow lots of fruit.

PM me for his email address.

within a few miles of her new home

That might be OK if 40 miles is regarded as 'a few'! Certainly OK for the winter.

within a few miles of her new home

That might be OK if 40 miles is regarded as 'a few'! Certainly OK for the winter.

If you mean to Hipperholme, I'm not sure how you get 40 miles Rab

I could offer accommodation for the bees in Rochdale if you need until you get sorted.
I just realised that this is my 144th post – that’s gross :)

Last edited:
I agree with RAB and would add that an add placed in the local shop or post office might also yield some interest.
Andy

Sorry dishmop,

Maps got me to the wrong place! Actually only around 20 miles round trip, so not so far.

RAB

I went and checked if there was another Hebden Bridge somewhere.

Sorry dishmop,

Maps got me to the wrong place! Actually only around 20 miles round trip, so not so far.

RAB

It's probably 40 miles in 'Lincolnshire miles' ... 'Just round the corner' is usually 10 miles when you live there ... let's face it ... if you stand in the middle of Lincolnshire you can see the curvature of the earth .... and as for Norfolk !!!!

I have just heard from my friend in Hipperholme and he says he would be happy to have the hives in his garden.

His "garden" consists of approx 40 odd acres!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they grow lots of fruit.

PM me for his email address.

Thanks for the kind offer ... I'll let my friend know.

Unfortunately though, for some reason I am unable to send you a message. If you could, would it be possible to send the address to me, via the PM system.

Once again, thanks a million

Have sent a PM with email address. Let me know here if you get the PM

Ta.

I will add here that if the owner of the hives doesny take up the offer from my friend then I believe he may still be interested in having hives there from somebody else.

Just bumping this up, because the offer of the use of this land at Hipperholme is still open.

Latest posts

Back