I'm so HAPPY :D

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellem

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
hopefully 1 :-S
Just went into the hive to add feed and it looks like my requeening was a success after all :D

We thought the bees had killed her because we were inspecting the hive as she came out and the other bees started balling her, so we had a frantic few minutes recatching her, re-sealing the cage and closing the hive back up and waiting with crossed fingers. Next time we went in, there was no sign of either her or new brood/eggs, so we thought she may have been killed. There were plenty of bees the last week, so I went out today to feed as I've also gained a swarm in the last week that I think needs feeding, so I was planning to unite them but there's no need to now :party:

Now just to feed them both up and try to get them through the winter :eek:

Well done, Phew! It's such a relief when that happens!

Thanks all, I think her rescue was more due to luck than any quick thinking but it is so nice to have something possibly going right for a change. It has very much been a baptism of fire this year, but has me interested for what's to come ;)

So now you can add another colony to your profile? Sounds like a good year.

Latest posts

Back