Identification please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amari

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
For a couple of years our neighbours intermittently get half a dozen bees entering their dining room, probably from their disused chimney, but the source is uncertain. They have about half the BMI of a honey bee, are black with hardly discernible banding on their round abdomen and only very sparsely hairy. No white bum.
Grateful for identification - I was pleased to be able to deny that they're anything to do with me!
Apols for the poor pics. 2nd pic shows honeybee to the left, two black bees to the right.
Edit: Oops, can you open the first pic? If not, how do I transfer a pic from a received email to this post or to Photos on a Mac?

Attachments

• Bee various angles.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 54
  • FB1DD1DE-D96E-4A11-AD99-FB72D8DCE2E4.jpeg
    FB1DD1DE-D96E-4A11-AD99-FB72D8DCE2E4.jpeg
    847.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
For a couple of years our neighbours intermittently get half a dozen bees entering their dining room, probably from their disused chimney, but the source is uncertain. They have about half the BMI of a honey bee, are black with hardly discernible banding on their round abdomen and only very sparsely hairy. No white bum.
Grateful for identification - I was pleased to be able to deny that they're anything to do with me!
Apols for the poor pics. 2nd pic shows honeybee to the left, two black bees to the right.
Edit: Oops, can you open the first pic? If not, how do I transfer a pic from a received email to this post or to Photos on a Mac?
I would imagine they are in the chimney. From the picture provided they look like honey bees!

Latest posts

Back