I really do despair sometimes...well, every day

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Since ebay have decided that they need the extra income from us to pay for useless "improvements" and now take 10% of what we get paid for postal charges, I have added a notice to all of my ads..

One particular parcel cost me £2.60 to post and 15p for the box. I charged £2.75, but now to get my 10% back I have had to increase my postage on that item to £3.05., otherwise I would have been .27p out of pocket.

If people buy 6 items whch cost £1.00 each to post and pay for them all separately they pay me £6.00 postage but ebay steals .60p of that. If I give a postage refund I dont give the full (excess) £5.00 back because ebay doesnt give me a 50p refund.

I added a header note to all 150 odd of my ads which says...

If you are buying several different items please "Add to Basket"
or buy what you want and use the
"Ask Total From Seller" Option BEFORE Paying.

======================
Waste of time..... every day people are still buying several different items and paying for them individualy.

If they dont see that, then it means that they didnt read the description of the item either.....

"I didnt see any notice"
"Where's the basket"
"How do I buy things and not pay for them?"
"Why was the box (described as an empty box) empty?"
"The hundreds of documents I bought for £1.99 wasnt documents it was a CD"

Scroll down to see a choice of 18 you can select from.

"didnt see any others"

"is this (reproduction) genuine?"

This is a real true honest copy of emails from a buyer to me.

Email from buyer.

Dear *****

Hi,

How does the box work, you remove the transparent cellophane paper and how do you add the cigarettes into the box? Is there a gap or do you tear a hole in the box?

Thanks

Trim the cellophane from one side on the top and then do the same with the paper so that just one side is open.

Ok so you remove the cellophane on the top side, but how do you then put the cigarettes in? Or you put the entire hard pack box of cigarettes in it? If you tear a hole in the box like you would to a normal soft pack of cigarettes, how do the individual sticks gonna go in? One by one?

You have a picture or something?

As I have already said,,,

Trim the cellophane from one side on the top and then do the same with the paper so that just one side is open.

That means one side of the stamp on the top.....
.........................................................................................

You're not answering my question. How do the cigarettes go in there? If you slice of the top of the box won't that leave the top empty without a lid, and won't the cigarettes fall out?

I didnt say anything about slicing the top off the box.
I said trim the cellophane on one side on the top.. and as you had already said.....
"tear a hole in the box like you would to a normal soft pack of cigarettes"?
I assumed that you knew how a proper soft pack of cigarettes would normally be opened and therefore I cant see what you are having difficulty understanding.

Right,

So once you make a hole in the box like a regular soft pack of cigarettes, you simply add the sticks in one at a time?

Couple of weeks gap in email transmissions............

Dear *****

Hey man,

The box is useable for storing cigarettes right? So how do you add the cigarettes in?

One by one through the hole like a regular soft pack of cigarettes?

We have already been thro all this.
Please dont email me any more...
Dear *****,

If you look at the email history, you'll realize you're not answering my question.

How do you fill the box with cigarettes?

Just how many ways are there to get cigarettes through a small hole?

Dear *****,
You could do without the sarcasm kid.

The very essence is you're doing sales and have to answer queries from customers. Its not in your position or scope to get mad or irritated with the people who buy your products. If you fail to provide an explanation the first time, its only fair and square you keep providing your info to help the customer understand the product.

Now, as for the box you ought to go and try fitting cigarettes thru that small hole. There is simply no way you can fit all 20 in. Go and try it yourself.

Perhaps it'd have been better to provide more details in the product description, about how to fit cigarettes in, since people could be expecting other means.

........................................................................................

It seems that you had already worked out how to get the cigarerettes into the packet and it didnt for one moment cross my mind that anybody could be so stupid as to not realise that they would need to be inserted throught the hole one by one, and therefore I didnt bother with that part of the operation..
Now.... had you come straight out with the basis of your complaint and brought to my attention that you couldnt seem to be able to fit 20 cigarettes into the packet, which seems to be what you really wanted me to give you an answer to, then I would have drawn your attention to the wording of the ebay advertisement...

Specially Made to Hold
Your Filter Tip Cigarettes.

I closed my shop last year with over 10000 feedback because of charges and spending most of my time packing but one of the best thing I done was open a royal mail on line business account, no more hanging around post offices and a big reduction on postage you can either pocket or pass it on to your customers, you don't have to weigh individual items just put them in a mail bag (supplied) and weigh the whole lot, it's like having a post office in your house lol

I closed my shop last year with over 10000 feedback because of charges and spending most of my time packing but one of the best thing I done was open a royal mail on line business account, no more hanging around post offices and a big reduction on postage you can either pocket or pass it on to your customers, you don't have to weigh individual items just put them in a mail bag (supplied) and weigh the whole lot, it's like having a post office in your house lol
I've been waiting for the bloke from RM to get back to me about that system.

This is a real true honest copy of emails from a buyer to me.

<....snip....>

Errrrr am I missing something....

If you replied to me like that you would get negative feedback and possibly a dispute/complaint!

I have read your replies and I still don't understand what you are on about. (True I don't smoke and don't know what you were actually selling but what you wrote made no sense to me at all)

If you replied to me like that you would get negative feedback and possibly a dispute/complaint!

I have read your replies and I still don't understand what you are on about. (True I don't smoke and don't know what you were actually selling but what you wrote made no sense to me at all)

As I understand it he sells reproduction 'vintage' packaging which is used extensively for stage/screen/advertising props. I have to say that if you look at his ebay site it beggars belief that any buyer could be so obtuse !! It's pretty obvious what the answer was without asking the question ... sorry Dishmop stole your thunder I fear ?

I would post a link but it's something that Dishmop should hold the prerogative for ..

Would appear so..

and what would you be disputing?

I have read your replies and I still don't understand what you are on about.
Did you understand the buyer?

Last edited:
I would post a link but it's something that Dishmop should hold the prerogative for ..
but that would be advertising..

What frightened of the potential additional sales
Yeh.
All that money. I might have to buy another Bentley.

You would be lucky to buy a matchbox car with the profits people make on ebay

Depends what you are paying for the goods you are reselling.

Some people want too much profit per unit and wonder why they dont sell anything.
I make everything I sell. Out of paper.