I go on holiday most days of the week

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a train driver I work a 35hr 4 day week. 5 day weekend every 3 weeks and Sundays are optional. Feels like a holiday most weeks but with access to the heart of Englanf so most things are on my doorstep.

About 2200 last night from my back garden.lookiing towards Islay and Jura.View attachment 40660View attachment 40659
I do miss pootling around from the mull of Kintyre to the sound of Islay or Jura on our patrols to Oban and beyond, had some great 'fun' anchored off various parts of Jura to be woken by the anchor watch in the early hours of the morning as the apparently sound bottom our anchor had settled in was actually a clump of kelp which decided, once the tide turned to uproot itself!!
I remember sailing into Oban harbour with our anchor still not housed as it had a ton of kelp enveloping it.

I do miss pootling around from the mull of Kintyre to the sound of Islay or Jura on our patrols to Oban and beyond, had some great 'fun' anchored off various parts of Jura to be woken by the anchor watch in the early hours of the morning as the apparently sound bottom our anchor had settled in was actually a clump of kelp which decided, once the tide turned to uproot itself!!
I remember sailing into Oban harbour with our anchor still not housed as it had a ton of kelp enveloping it.
There's still plenty of kelp, but I always know when a big trawler has been around by the blankets of it covering the beach a tide or so later.

Makes me homesick for Scotland

yes , there's room for the sky, but do yo really miss the horizontal rain? though I hear its been moving south this year. ;)
Staffordshire is doing its best this year to emulate Banffshire in its summer weather..

Latest posts

Back