I’ve got BEEEEEES!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! 👍😁

I suspect the not foraging close to the hive is related to the limitations of the waggle dance - why search around for a close source when you know where one is not much further away?!
I think I read they have a different dance for indicating sources close by. Can’t remember the details though.

I find a torch and glasses that will let you focus at the right distance work for me, a magnifying glass (X3) is occasionally useful, some take photos with phones to later enlarge and look.
It's always easier to confirm eggs are present than that they aren't!!
I had trouble seeing eggs ,bought this off Ebay what a transformation, excellent highly reccomend .not expensive either .
John
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40500006...ar=675056946857&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

May be worth looking at "clear lens exchange" with trifocal lenses if you can afford the £7k bill for both eyes!
I had this done just a year ago, too old for LASIK, so had the trifocal lens replacement. Did my research, found the surgeon I wanted, and travelled to Prague, first class service, surgery was £2400 both eyes, that's equal to last four years glasses bills ( I am quite clumsy, and prone to losing/damaging at work). Obviously plus travel for the pair of us. Stayed afterwards for the rest of week, sightseeing too, beautiful city.
Totally life-changing for me.

Latest posts

Back