Ht hotter hottest

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
Mirror forecasts 3 months of drought and the hottest Summer ever:icon_204-2:

What did happen to that double deckker bus they found on the dark side of the Moon?

Yeghes da

What did happen to that double deckker bus they found on the dark side of the Moon?

Yeghes da

Yanks and Chinese have taken most of em!

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a factory deep behind the bamboo curtain producing cheap replicas & passing them off as originals.

Yanks and Chinese have taken most of em!

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a factory deep behind the bamboo curtain producing cheap replicas & passing them off as originals.

Muswell Metrow will be after you lot... crank handle in hand!!!!

Yeghes da

It's probably all down to immigrants bringing sub Saharan weather with them as they sneak into the country then steal all our benefits - also, if we don't leave the EEC it will rain every day for the next forty years

if we don't leave the EEC it will rain every day for the next forty years

On the contrary, if we do leave, we can have our own traditional crappy weather back, instead of all this hot Mediterranean weather foisted on us.

So I'll be voting to stay!

Dusty

I think anyone who genuinely believes we'd be better off out of the EC (and I'm no fan of the damned thing believe you me) is ether a bigot who's been taken in by the far right drivel spouted lately about kicking immigrants out (the so called Schroedinger's immigrant - who simultaneously lie back in the lap of luxury living off our benefits whilst stealing all our jobs) whilst also naiively believing that this government would take the money 'saved' by not being part of the EC and spend it on public services and the good of the people Or is just so far detached from reality is a danger to his/her self.

I think anyone who genuinely believes we'd be better off out of the EC (and I'm no fan of the damned thing believe you me) is ether a bigot who's been taken in by the far right drivel spouted lately about kicking immigrants out (the so called Schroedinger's immigrant - who simultaneously lie back in the lap of luxury living off our benefits whilst stealing all our jobs) whilst also naiively believing that this government would take the money 'saved' by not being part of the EC and spend it on public services and the good of the people Or is just so far detached from reality is a danger to his/her self.

Sod that. If Camoron says it's good I don't want any of it. :nono:

Schroedinger's immigrant
Love it - I'd not heard that before. Neither the EC nor the EEC exist, by the way. John Major took us out of the latter via Maastricht in 1993 and the EC was wound up via Lisbon while Brown was dithering in 2009. At least some of the people who object to the EU would object a lot less to the EEC

Bee-keepers, who have been working closely with immigrants for over a century, are above this kind of ignorant prejudice. No-one would argue we should go back to pure A. mellifera mellifera...oh, hang on

Neither the EC nor the EEC exist,

I know, I've had to adapt to each of the changes working at the the sharp end and do have difficulty keeping track of the names, in the endit's all but a change in a label on basically the same product - syphillis used to be called something different a century ago - still the same disease though :D

I know, I've had to adapt to each of the changes working at the the sharp end and do have difficulty keeping track of the names, in the endit's all but a change in a label on basically the same product - syphillis used to be called something different a century ago*** - still the same disease though :D

***The pox.... the clap was also used, but latterly that was reserved for gonorrhea.

As for better weather if we stay in the EU... would be nice.
I'm with Jeremy C... better be in and make changes than be out in the cold with Boris & Co in charge of a wobbly destiny!

Yeghes da

***The pox.... the clap was also used, but latterly that was reserved for gonorrhea.

As for better weather if we stay in the EU... would be nice.
I'm with Jeremy C... better be in and make changes than be out in the cold with Boris & Co in charge of a wobbly destiny!

Yeghes da

The old indian adage comes to mind - better to be in the Teepee P!sing out than be outside being P!ssed on

..............More to the point - at least being part of the EU gives us a little bit of protection from the robber barons we have in charge of the country at the moment - if we came out they'd run amok

Last edited:
Muswell Metrow will be after you lot... crank handle in hand!!!!

Yeghes da

Nay, i am only grumpy when the winter cabin fever comes on , i am too busy collecting swarm from Beekeepers who cant keep their bees in their boxes....one arrived this morning to my bait hive while i was having breakfast, a typical london mongrel bee, must have about every honeybee gene going though possible no AMM genes due to the italian yellow colour of some of them and ginger drones

Last edited:
Nay, too busy collecting swarm from Beekeepers who cant keep their bees in their boxes....one arrived this morning to my bait hive while i was having breakfast, a typical london mongrel bee, must have about every honeybee gene going though possible no AMM genes due to the italian yellow colour of some of them and ginger drones

did it have a cockerknee accent?

did it have a cockerknee accent?

Obviously you have not been to the big smoke recently, all the cockneys have moved out to billericay, braintree or milton keynes , the bees are more likely to speak lithuanian rather than cockney The mix of bees is about the same as the rest of the population which is 40%with parents from outside the uk becuase some boarder guard keeps letting them in

Last edited:
Obviously you have not been to the big smoke recently,

I try to avoid it whenever possible - don't mind the Lithuanians etc etc it's the pretentious twee East Finchley winebar and eating food from everything but plates types that get my goat (That includes my brother :D )

I try to avoid it whenever possible - don't mind the Lithuanians etc etc it's the pretentious twee East Finchley winebar and eating food from everything but plates types that get my goat (That includes my brother :D )

its the yummy mummys braking suddenly in their BMW and Volvo 4x4s when they see a parking space either picking their kids from their hampstead private school bus or driving to their fitness gym with yoga and pilate mat blocking their rear view .....a 90 defender full of bee equipment makes quite a noise when it all slams into the rear bulkhead

Latest posts

Back