How much would you charge for a talk on beekeeping?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
30+
I have been contacted to ask if I'd give a talk on bees and beekeeping and have been asked how much I'd look to charge. I'm quite busy at the moment but might consider doing it. What kind of price do you think is reasonable to charge? It's not a charitable organisation, more commercial. What do you think?

i know a few around here that charge £50, My father's gardening club hired one before and everyone enjoyed, I have been asked to give a talk but I would do it for free if I had the time, buts that's me

I do it for a donation to my favourite (at the time ) charity.. Approx £5-£10.

Don't undervalue your time, you wouldn't undervalue your honey.
Alot of these groups such as WI's have a healthy budget for this sort of thing.

Our TAs get marginally more than a dinner lady, (£7.00 per hour)
As a University Reader I was getting considerably more!

I have beekeeping friends who will give a talk for free ( but expect to sell £90 + in honey and bee products, candles etc at the event!)

My brother in law says "do not be embarrasses to charge" ( he is a barrister!)

James

I have a similar quandary... giving a talk at a local gardening club in the not-too-distant future.

If there are 30 people there, then I think that a donation of £1 ea. (to go to my BKA) is not too much to ask + expenses to cover petrol. Too early in the year to be selling honey. Last year's crop is all gone :-( (Except for the bee keeper's supplies.)

I would appreciate a lot of opinions on this one.

i know a few around here that charge £50, My father's gardening club hired one before and everyone enjoyed, I have been asked to give a talk but I would do it for free if I had the time, buts that's me

Bloody hell! I went to see rolling stones in the 90s for not much more than that!

Plenty of bearded beekeepers yapping on YouTube

From the other side of the fence and as the cheapskate association purse string holder I/we pay up to £40 plus expenses, may splash out a bit more for AGM. Get mostly good speakers and the odd rubbish one too.

Latest posts

Back