how many are not resisting checking hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure I have read, maybe in Hooper, that opening up a hive sets it back a week...
Not true, think of it if they were set back a week every weekly inspection they would never get going, probably a few minutes/hours but I have watched bees waggle dance on a frame in the middle of inspections oblivious to me

We tried, but the first one told where to go in no uncertain terms. So we didn't even get to lift a single frame. Waiting for the north side of 18C now

Last year, I think that was August!

27 degrees here today, BIAS in all hives, put supers on a couple...
...oh shutup Luminos...
...oh alright, then :spy:

27 degrees here today, BIAS in all hives, put supers on a couple...
...oh shutup Luminos...
...oh alright, then :spy:

No don't....it gives us hope.....on second thoughts......shutup luminos!:paparazzi:

Gale warning here for today and tomorrow.. shut up luminos

Gale warning here for today and tomorrow.. shut up luminos

Well 22c in the walled garden @4:30pm, it is on a farm just in the London urban micro climate, the apiary looked like mid summer madness, bees everywhere with yellow bees covered in pussy willow pollen from the local stream

So i 'm laughing with Luminos

Last edited:
Four hives inspected on Sunday, temp 20 deg. All four with bias. Super put on one. One looks a little short on bees and is not out of the woods as yet though not too worried at the moment. Very surprised how strong the other three are. Oh and Village Girl received the first sting of the year right on her ass.

Last edited:
Back