How long can capped qcs survive out side of the hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What will the temperature be in the "travel box"?
That's a good question paul the box is a home made poly travel box so it could vary somewhat this is going to happen tomorrow day time temp tomorrow 20c.
Im travelling to the farm to pick up the last two hives of my granddads and giving the capped qcs to a friend they will be put them into poly nucs straight away.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Also how long have the cells been sealed? They are very sensitive to movement in the few days after sealing when they are metamorphing.

Also how long have the cells been sealed? They are very sensitive to movement in the few days after sealing when they are metamorphing.
Day 13 tomorrow
Do you think it would be better me taking them as virgins instead??

Hi, scenario.. Moving qcs in a travel box to hives one hours drive away, will they be OK.
Also can anyone give me a definitive answer to the title.??
Cheers.
Mark.

Queen cells will be ok if they are treated right. I keep mine in an incubator all the way from sealing until emergence with no bother at all.
~35C, 50-70% RH and cushioned against any shakes.

Queen cells will be ok if they are treated right. I keep mine in an incubator all the way from sealing until emergence with no bother at all.

~35C, 50-70% RH and cushioned against any shakes.
What does RH stand for B+

Mark them now - it's easier than doing it later.
Done it already! I got the children to help me. they've been feeding then with honey on cotton buds.
Im taking them to be put in Mating nucs later when I get back from picking two colonys up

Viable? Does anyone want them I've to many as it is? Black girls inside.
This one has just emerged in my hands..
Pic2
3cd363d844613a7561c509a7b3f734b6.jpg
0ade597bac67d73e5546fc0632a769b9.jpg

Latest posts

Back