• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey Wanted To buy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is John Burtica and i live in Manchester.
I've seen on this site that you are looking to buy Honey and i just wanted to ask if you are not interested on a reliable supplier of honey from Transylvania-Romania.
You can have delivered large variety of honey at a price without competition.
If interested please reply and i'll be happy to give further details.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Kind regards

John B.

PS.I attach this article from a news paper for your attention:
A few weeks ago the BBC announced that the honey harvest was “devastated” by the wet summer, with the British Beekeepers` Association (BBKA) suggesting that yields were down 72% compared to 2011. Rain and cold weather this year were to blame for the average 3.6kg of honey produced per hive this year compared to the annual average of 13.6kg. Later Romania was featured in The Telegraph as a good example to Britain when it comes to enhancing honey production. As a result, I decided to introduce those that might be interested in importing honey to the Romanian honey sector.

As a honey producer, Romania ranks 4th within the EU, following such countries as Spain and Germany, and 7th when it comes to the number of hives, behind Spain, Poland and Greece.
It has a capacity to produce about 22,000 tones yearly and its capacity is expanding.

Honey production in Romania has a few distinctive characteristics. Probably the most important one, with great impact on exports, is the fact that Romania has a big capacity to produce honey but a very low internal consumption. The statistics show that Romania produces three times more honey than the internal demand, more than half of it being exported.

Romania produces mainly acacia honey, lime honey and poly-flora honey. In 2011 it produced 21,000 tonnes provided by private producers, which own 1.3m bee families.
The Romanian producers are very happy with the quality of their honey and there are good chances the production will rise due to EU funding, organic farming measures, new technologies and treatments introduced, as well as due to the very favourable natural conditions.

As Romania produces annually more than 20,000 tonnes of honey but consumes only a third of it (the average annual local consumption of honey is 0.2-0.4kg per capita compared for example to Germany 2-3kg per capita), most of the Romanian honey (between 60 – 80%) is exported. UK, Germany, Italy, Austria, Poland, France, US, The Czech Republic, Canada, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Sweden are markets that are increasing their honey imports from Romania.

Latest posts

Back