Honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You lot in West Wales will be alright ...Putin is unlikely to nuke you down there ... however, down here on the Costa del Fareham I'm in the fall out radius if he bombs London and if he does he'll probably drop one on Portsmouth to make sure our Navy (what there is left of it) is knocked out and that will be within evaporation range for me and my bees !!
Told this to my wife. Her response:

'You want to be dead. You don't want to be in the survival radius and suffering from the radiation.'

On that happy note...

Told this to my wife. Her response:

'You want to be dead. You don't want to be in the survival radius and suffering from the radiation.'

On that happy note...
She is right tho

You lot in West Wales will be alright ...Putin is unlikely to nuke you down there ... however, down here on the Costa del Fareham I'm in the fall out radius if he bombs London and if he does he'll probably drop one on Portsmouth to make sure our Navy (what there is left of it) is knocked out and that will be within evaporation range for me and my bees !!
Nah! no need what with bent prop shafts and busted engines why would he? The T o s s e r needs an aircraft carrier or two so doesn't need them crackling when the Geiger counter comes close.

Half a mile from the end of the runway. Vaporization zone here. I won't know much about it.

And here's me thinking you had a supply of Lime honey and just didn't know it!! You must be gutted to find you bought cheap crap jars???
It was a sarcy comment on my part ,also I don’t think F&H would like you calling there jars cheap! I’ve sent a sample of to get tested .4FA43522-B0DD-46DA-80FA-2FD2A16A0B12.jpeg

Do F&H advertise Hex jars as Honey jars? Most jars I've seen specifically for honey are clear. I get mine from CWJ where they are not listed under honey jars and they have a green tint.

Do F&H advertise Hex jars as Honey jars? Most jars I've seen specifically for honey are clear. I get mine from CWJ where they are not listed under honey jars and they have a green tint.
I buy my hex jars from F & H and they are not green ... really nice clear glass - no hint of green.jar 1.jpg

Last edited:
The edges of each panel and the base. This is why I asked if they were in the honey jar category.
They are sold as honey jars but there is no sign of green when you look at them 'in the flesh' as it were. CGF's had a distinctive green tinge even with honey in them.

It was a sarcy comment on my part ,also I don’t think F&H would like you calling there jars cheap! I’ve sent a sample of to get tested .
Good idea to have your jar sent off for testing. Did they say how long it would take??

Its a real shame and you were getting all excited over your green honey, that is now not green at all :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Just to keep it factual, F&H when you take in their free carriage over £50 spent PLUS their very generous additional 10% discount for BBKA members, F&H are one of the cheapest glass suppliers to the community. It's a good place to source your jars this year especially for those amongst us who have had a bumper year crop wise.

You haven't explained, is your latest jar of honey in your piccy, is that your normal runny honey that's crystallised or is a jar of your "green" soft set that now isn't green?

This is what I'm talking about, the jars look clear until seen next to one that is clear. All the jars I've seen, listed as honey jars are clear glass. The tint is enough to alter the appearance of the honey, I have some lovely straw yellow honey this year and the jars don't do it any favours.

Attachments

• jars 01.jpg
    jars 01.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 0
  • jars 02.jpg
    jars 02.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 0
  • jars 03.jpg
    jars 03.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 0
Do F&H advertise Hex jars as Honey jars?
They are sold as honey jars
No, they are definitely not in the honey jar category. I've used F&H hex in three sizes for about 12 years and the glass has always varied from clear to greenish.

Customers don't notice.

Latest posts

Back